PSA: Play Mortal Kombat on PSN Free This Weekend

May 20, 2011 -

Because the PlayStation Store is down, those who own a used copy of Mortal Kombat for PS3 don't have to worry about paying $10 for the "Kombat Pass." Rather than making players wait until the store is back online, Warner Bros. has decided to suspend the pass requirement until the PlayStation Store returns - which is rumored to take place on May 24.

Like used game owners, new players won't have to worry about redeeming the code that comes with the game until the PS Store is online again.

In other words, a free weekend of online play. And if you hate the online play, and you bought the game used, this weekend could save you a cool $10. All in all a win-win.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: PSA: Play Mortal Kombat on PSN Free This Weekend

bah, not worth it anyways, fighting games are best enjoyed when in the same room as the person your playing with.. being seperated just takes the personal enjoyment out of goofing around with the opponent, winning or losing.

tbh i'd sell my key for  less than they ask... like free.. this whole online pass is bogus to me anyway.

to boot.. if anyone actually has that game used already, then there was some pretty unsatisfied customers abound :p

then again with PSN having been down since before release.. i guess its bound to have happened.

Poll