UKIE Partners With R&D Specialist Jumpstart

May 20, 2011 -

British video game industry trade group UKIE announced today that it has signed a three-year deal with research & development tax credit firm Jumpstart, giving members access to the company's services at reduced rates. UKIE members will also be able to get free advice about how research and development tax credits benefit their businesses through an exclusive UKIE help line.

"I welcome this new partnership between UKIE and Jumpstart, not only as a UKIE board member but also as the MD of my own business Mastertronic," said UKIE chairman and MD Andy Payne.

"Mastertronic has recently worked with Jumpstart, to maximize our R&D tax break revenue and I personally recommend that all UKIE members make use of the excellent service that Jumpstart provide," he added.

Jumpstart employs tax specialists that are capable of identifying eligible projects for a proper R&D submission. The company works directly with the staff involved in development to ensure HMRC criteria for eligibility are met. The firm then does its best to secure a tax benefit for the developer in the form of a payable cash credit, a tax rebate, or an enhanced deduction that can be used against future profits.

Jumpstart says that it has a 98.6 percent record of success. The company also claims that it operates a "no-win, no-fee" policy for its services.

"The UK's games industry has proved time and again that it has world-beating potential, but support from government and government bodies have been lukewarm to say the least," said Jumpstart director Richard Edwards.

"We are delighted to have been invited on board by UKIE to help make a real difference to the finances of companies involved in the development effort which will take this vital sector forward. R&D tax credits are a notoriously complex area and it makes sense for directors to use the services of specialists, so that they can get on with what they are good at – which is making international blockbuster games."

Source: GameIndustry

Wonderkarpi would watch that cause amc11/24/2014 - 5:06pm
MaskedPixelanteBreaking Bugs, new series now in development at AMC. A QA tester for a major game company loses his job when a game launches with major bugs and turns to cooking meth to get by.11/24/2014 - 5:03pm
WonderkarpStar Wars Spinoff is Heist Movie Maybe. Retcons Dark Forces http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/24/rumor-2016-star-wars-spin-off-film-is-a-heist-story11/24/2014 - 4:50pm
Wonderkarppersonally, I have no opinion other than the Ferguson Police used ridiculous amounts of force in that situation. Other than that, I wasnt there when it happened, I have zero idea what happened. so I cant say anything.11/24/2014 - 4:43pm
james_fudgeyeah :\11/24/2014 - 4:05pm
WonderkarpOh man. Grand Jury verdict coming from Ferguson11/24/2014 - 3:54pm
Wonderkarpits a nasty "Unable to locate DLC" bug, that affects PS4 owners because you cant redownload DLC without deleting your saved game. And the only way to play the game is to wipe your save. Hours wasted.11/24/2014 - 3:51pm
WonderkarpDay 7 of WWE 2k15's Game Breaking Bugs with no resolution. its as bad as the Halo Servers and Unity's Floating eyes/teeth11/24/2014 - 3:50pm
Wonderkarpgranted, looking for sage advice in youtune comments id like looking for ducks in a desert11/24/2014 - 3:34pm
Wonderkarpoh dearie me, im being harrased. wheres the colbert report when you need it! i need to plug my patreon because everything on the web is litterall11/24/2014 - 3:32pm
MonteEisen, Ya the 3D clone wars started out aweful, but it actually got really good in later seasons. Particularly AFTER Ahsoka grows up a bit and stops being annoying. I Liked how the series ended11/24/2014 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenI rather liked First Class but while most thought Future Past was pretty good, the trailers made it look awful and I haven't seen it yet. Come to think of it, I've only seen X-Men 1 and 2 and First Class.11/24/2014 - 3:22pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57310 The biggest shock here is that Bryan Singer is still attatched to direct.11/24/2014 - 3:18pm
Andrew EisenI'm a third from the top. (I stole that joke from a play I did years ago.)11/24/2014 - 3:12pm
MechaCrashUnfortunately, it is not worth the hassle to make another account named "Time" so I can post "haha, of course not" as a shout, but let's pretend I did. For art. And bad comedy.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
MechaCrashWill our dear Mr. Hornets ever wonder why TvW videos have closed comments? Will he ask himself why anybody thought a GG blocklist needed to be made? Time will tell, my friends. Time will tell.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
Wonderkarpwell i am a top. lol11/24/2014 - 3:10pm
Andrew EisenThe makeup sex is going to be INCREDIBLE!11/24/2014 - 3:09pm
Wonderkarpstill here, jackass11/24/2014 - 3:08pm
MechaCrashAnd so the GGer storms off in a huff after some minor insults, never once noticing the irony that any woman who does the same despite receiving far worse is called a coward who's afraid of debate.11/24/2014 - 3:04pm