Amazon UK: Game Trade-Ins Popular With Consumers

May 23, 2011 -

Amazon.co.uk’s video games manager Liz Hosmer tells MCV that its new used game trade-in program is already doing pretty well and that consumers have "reacted positively." In January some criticized the UK arm of the popular online retailer for planning to offer trade-ins: ShopTo's former marketing manager Phil Driver told MCV that consumers would be met with an intolerable experience if they traded their games online as opposed to traditional retail. But if Amazon.co.uk is to be believed, Driver is sadly mistaken.

“Trading in with Amazon.co.uk is quick and easy, providing customers with a great way to exchange their old games and save money on future purchases,” she told MCV. “We’ve had a very positive response from customers.”

In addition to winning the General Retailer MCV Award this year, Amazon launched a new Android App Store and a cloud-based MP3 player in the US. In the UK, it acquired online rental firm LoveFilm. If the company made a misstep this year, it had to do with developer agreements, which some criticized as being unfair to content creators for various reasons.

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Amazon UK: Game Trade-Ins Popular With Consumers

Well considering that they haven't released any figures and have just said that there's been a "positive response" I'm doubtful.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm