Gamers Outreach Foundation Plans Memorial Day Charity Event

May 23, 2011 -

To celebrate the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend Gamers Outreach Foundation will host a 24-hour game-a-thon charity with the proceeds going towards entertainment products for troops deployed overseas. Gamers Outreach Foundation has teamed up with The Game Fanatics to offer a cool way for gamers to show appreciation to the military. The Game Fanatics is supporting the Gamers Outreach Foundation’s military division (Fun for Our Troops). Money raised through the fundraiser will go towards a portable gaming kiosk that will be donated to the Dallas Veteran's Affairs Medical Center in Dallas, TX. Gamers can also donate games and consoles to GOF.

GOF provides video game care packages to troops serving in combat zones such as Iraq and Afghanistan. GOF is always in need of new and used PC games, video games, and consoles as well as other gaming peripherals from individual donors, communities, and companies. If you know of a troop currently deployed you can register them on the GOF website. Video game donations can be sent to:

Fun for Our Troops
PO BOX 602
Newtown, PA 18940

The Game-a-Thon will be spread among different JustinTV channels - www.justin.tv/thegamefanatics and www.justin.tv/bangbangsami, covering both Xbox and PS3 games. Prizes will also be given away in each channel from sponsors such as SpiritHoods, Cooler Master, Evil Controllers, Astro Gaming, and Steel Series. Several games and DLC codes will be given away in the channels as well. The games played will be multiplayer games so viewers get a chance to join in on the fun if they so choose.

The fun runs May 28 - 30.

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm