PSN Maintenance Today, But No PlayStation Store

May 24, 2011 -

Sony announced via its PlayStation Blog today that the network will go down for scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET. Obviously, during that time users will not be able access the registration and account management system or the password reset process. But the real story is that the rumored restart of PlayStation Store will not happen today. Sony did say that it should be back online "this month." Considering that t"this month" ends next Tuesday it is likely that the PS Store will be back up by at least week's end. Full message below:

"PlayStation Network is scheduled to undergo maintenance today, from about 8am until approximately 5pm Pacific time. During this time, registration and Account Management will be inaccessible, including the password reset process. While some users may experience difficulty signing in to PSN, the majority of consumers will be able to play online as well as sign in to external sites that require PSN authentication (like this one).

For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we’re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month. Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "

We will continue to follow this story as it develops. On a related note, a new PSP firmware has been released. Details on that can be found here. According to Sony, this new update will guide users through the process of changing their passwords.

Source: PlayStation blog

Comments

Re: PSN Maintenance Today, But No PlayStation Store

Meh, probably Anonymous. They're just whining about the store not being back up because they're anxious to take it back down again.

Edit: Was supposed to be a reply to Hellfire's comment. Silly GP glitches. ; ;

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PSN Maintenance Today, But No PlayStation Store

Because they don't have a big enough target painted on them already.

Re: PSN Maintenance Today, But No PlayStation Store

The bigger the target, the better. I mean, not even the LAPD can miss a target if it gets large enough, right? XD

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PSN Maintenance Today, But No PlayStation Store

I saw some kids raging about the store not being back yet, but persoanlly I can wait a while longe.r It'll likely be back this week.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm