Sony Ericsson Canada Website Hacked

May 25, 2011 -

Another day, another Sony-related web site gets hacked, according to the BBC. Hackers have managed to breach the security of Sony Ericsson Canada's online store, reportedly stealing users' personal data such as e-mails, passwords and telephone numbers. Sony has confirmed that this information has been stolen, but no credit card information was compromised.

Sony-related sites around the world have become the preferred target of hackers this this week; yesterday the website of the company's Greek music division was hacked and the personal information of about 8,500 customers was stolen. A company spokesman told the BBC earlier this week that Sony's Music Entertainment website in Indonesia and Sony's Thailand website were also hacked, though no data had been stolen in those cases.

No hacking groups have claimed responsibility for compromising these four sites.

Source: C&VG

Comments

Re: Sony Ericsson Canada Website Hacked

I wonder how much of this is just various Sony admins being told to double check their servers and discovering that they had been compromised at some point in the last year....

Re: Sony Ericsson Canada Website Hacked

This, really, is the strongest indication that Anonymous is not responsible.

Because if Anonymous WERE responsible, they would NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

Re: Sony Ericsson Canada Website Hacked

That, and apart from Scientology, nothing ever held their attention for so long... Could be a splinter of the group though. Either way, if those multiple attacks are not from the same group... Well, that's still a possibility, Sony generated a lot of bad blood recently (deserved or not) and, as was said by the guys at Extra Credits, you really don't want to be messing with people installing Linux on their PS3...

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am