Australian AG's Seek Feedback on R18+ Draft Guidelines

May 27, 2011 -

The Australian Government’s Attorney-General’s Department has posted an online survey to gauge public opinion on the recently released draft guidelines for the R18+ ratings classification released earlier this week.

The survey contains four possible answers showing either support or opposition to the new game classification and a comment section where participants can leave lengthy comments. The survey does not seem to be exclusive to citizens of Australia (though it does require users to leave their name, state, territory and email).

Here are the four choices users can select:

I support the proposed R18+ category for computer games and I support the proposed draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I support the proposed R18+ category for computer games but I do not support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I do not support the proposed R18+ category for computer games but I do support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

I do not support the proposed R18+ category for computer games and I do not support the draft Guidelines for the Classification of Computer Games.

If you are from Australia and want to participate, check out www.surveymonkey.com.

Source: VG247

Comments

Re: Australian AG's Seek Feedback on R18+ draft Guidelines

Ok, choices 1, 2, and 4 I understand. But choice 3 makes no sense. How can you be against the R18 rating and still support the proposed guidelines? Does that mean that you support all otehr parts of it, just not the R18 portion?

E. Zachary Knight