Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

May 27, 2011 -

Netflix has finalized a deal to bring right around 700 of Miramax's films to its streaming service on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Wii. Given the current staleness of Netflix's streaming options (yeah I said it) some new movies will keep subscribers coming back for more. According to Shacknews, Netflix will add such movies as Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Swingers, Scream, Black Hawk Down, Bowling for Columbine, and The Animal.

The Miramax deal was announced on May 16, though at the time only 83 films were mentioned. A Wall Street Journal report drops the 800 film number, and claims that the five-year deal is worth about $100 million dollars.

Films mentioned in the original announcement (to be made available "over time") included The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love, Bad Santa, Chasing Amy, Cinema Paradiso, Cold Mountain, From Dusk Till Dawn, Good Will Hunting, Kill Bill Volumes I and II, Muriel's Wedding, The Piano, Reindeer Games, Scary Movie, Scream and Spy Kids.

Source: Shacknews

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

The movie streaming options are just so-so.  The TV episodes are where its at.  Dexter, Doctor Who, Stargate, Farscape, many more.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

I agree, the streaming options have been lame. And so much of the DVD only crap (such as seasons of Dexter) that they already have rights to needs to go on there.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am
Michael Chandra"You know how game journalists are a corrupt bunch that do shady dealings? Well so are the politicians at the NATO!" #clickbait09/16/2014 - 8:22am
james_fudgeit's simply a case of an org trying to latch onto a hashtag without knowing what it is about.09/16/2014 - 8:07am
E. Zachary KnightOk. I admit it. I have absolutely no clue what that article was trying to say. Can you explain it to me?09/16/2014 - 8:04am
Michael ChandraWhy am I not surprised seeing that coming from a man who allegedly didn't respect women's wishes regarding condom use?09/16/2014 - 8:01am