Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

May 27, 2011 -

Netflix has finalized a deal to bring right around 700 of Miramax's films to its streaming service on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Wii. Given the current staleness of Netflix's streaming options (yeah I said it) some new movies will keep subscribers coming back for more. According to Shacknews, Netflix will add such movies as Clerks, Pulp Fiction, Swingers, Scream, Black Hawk Down, Bowling for Columbine, and The Animal.

The Miramax deal was announced on May 16, though at the time only 83 films were mentioned. A Wall Street Journal report drops the 800 film number, and claims that the five-year deal is worth about $100 million dollars.

Films mentioned in the original announcement (to be made available "over time") included The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love, Bad Santa, Chasing Amy, Cinema Paradiso, Cold Mountain, From Dusk Till Dawn, Good Will Hunting, Kill Bill Volumes I and II, Muriel's Wedding, The Piano, Reindeer Games, Scary Movie, Scream and Spy Kids.

Source: Shacknews

Posted in

Comments

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

The movie streaming options are just so-so.  The TV episodes are where its at.  Dexter, Doctor Who, Stargate, Farscape, many more.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

Re: Report: Netflix-Miramax Deal Nearly Complete

I agree, the streaming options have been lame. And so much of the DVD only crap (such as seasons of Dexter) that they already have rights to needs to go on there.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Big PermI actually need to look into a new headset. I have those green razer krakens and I would not suggest them. Though maybe they're better for people without glasses08/28/2015 - 11:32am
Big PermI've never heard if Apple was dominant in Japan.08/28/2015 - 11:25am
E. Zachary KnightBeats by Dre? If music videos are anything to go by, they are the only headphones in existence.08/28/2015 - 11:21am
Big PermI wonder what kind of headphones she has08/28/2015 - 11:13am
Andrew EisenMy favorite fighter character/costume of late is Lucky Chloe from Tekken 7.08/28/2015 - 10:59am
Big PermYou might be right, Zippy08/28/2015 - 9:21am
ZippyDSMleeBig Perm: Naw best ever goes to kill la kill!08/28/2015 - 9:14am
Big PermHer costume is amazing. It may be the best costume ever08/28/2015 - 8:30am
E. Zachary KnightLike I said, she looks like a fun character to play, but her costume is really obnoxious.08/28/2015 - 8:29am
MattsworknameMika was always about being a show off and using her but to crush her foes, even back in the alpha days. They just took that and maxed it to the extreme, and I LOVE IT!!!!!08/28/2015 - 5:36am
IvresseJust saw R Mika trailer myself. I do like the inclusion of Vega as the punching bag, especially with that Stone Cold Stunner knocking his mask off....but that ultra move with his face between 4 buttcheeks...class! :-)08/28/2015 - 5:20am
MattsworknameOk, finally got a chance to look at the R mika trailer for SF 5, and I Heart her so bloody much. She just looks like pure fun to play as and is SO colorful. All the YES!08/28/2015 - 3:23am
PHX Corphttp://www.gamnesia.com/news/sony-is-disabling-users-from-archiving-their-ps4-livestreams-of-until-dawn Sony is Disabling Users from Archiving Their PS4 Livestreams of Until Dawn08/27/2015 - 8:47pm
MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm