Cosplay Calendar Proceeds Go to Japan Disaster Relief

May 31, 2011 -

If you’re jonesing to help out with disaster relief in Japan but haven’t yet found the right incentive, maybe a calendar chockfull of cosplayers dressing up as their favorite anime and videogame characters will be just the thing you’re looking for.

Well, it just so happens that Cosplay for a Cause is selling such a calendar, tapping into fans’ love of costuming to raise money to assist in Japan’s disaster relief aid after a tsunami smacked the country around back in March.

“This calendar is full of high quality, never before seen photos, specifically done for this project. Each month will also come with a small illustration done by one of the 4 professional comic book artists involved in the project.

At full size the calendar will open to 11x22, allowing each beautiful image to be displayed at 11x17. The saddle stitching in the middle can be easily removed when the year is done so you can save your favorite photo!”

The 2012 calendar is yours for $17.99 and every penny of that goes to the Japanese Red Cross Society.  It should ship sometime later this year.

Via: GoNintendo

-Reporting from San Diego, GamePolitics Contributing Editor Andrew Eisen

Posted in

Comments

Re: Cosplay Calendar Proceeds Go to Japan Disaster Relief

I think I might get this

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm