Nintendo Tops Develop 100 List

June 3, 2011 -

Develop Magazine's annual list of the top 100 best developers in the world has been released, and some of the top twenty choices are interesting. For example 2D Boy and ZeptoLab break into the top five, While Nintendo takes the top spot and Blizzard comes in at number five behind SCE Santa Monica. The list is available on Develop's web site and in the June issue of the magazine - on newsstands.

Some other interesting tidbits from this year's list: over half are iOS developers, more independent studios made the cut this year, over 30 of the listed studios had major retail hits, and more countries are represented than previous years.

Below are the top 20:

16. Firaxis Games
  17. Dicework Games
  18. Rocketcat Games
  19. Nicalis
  20. Crescent Moon Games

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Nintendo Tops Develop 100 List

They based the results on metacritic.

I'm not sure that this is a good way to compile a top 100 list.

Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm