PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

June 6, 2011 -

Sony announced at its E3 press conference the name, price and mobile carrier associated with its latest hand-held. The name of the device formerly known as NGP is now PS Vita, and will retail for $249 for the Wi-Fi only version and $299 for its Wi-Fi 3G version. The one wrinkle for users is that Sony has decided to use AT&T in North America. It's only a wrinkle if you are concerned about data caps, of course.

AT&T has monthly limits to its mobile broadband, with tiered service plans offering only a few hundred megabytes to several gigabytes per month. While Sony says that using Vita via your plan is "free," one would assume that it counts against your data cap dictated by your subscription plan.

On a related note, Sony says that over 80 games are in development for PS Vita from such companies as Acquire, Level-5, Namco Bandai, Capcom, D3 Publisher, AQ Interactive, Konami, Aksys Games, NIS America, Codemasters, EA, tri-Ace, Tomy, Idea Factory, Ignition, Enterbrain, FromSoftware, Yuke's, PopCap Games, Activision, and many more.

The PS Vita features front and rear touchpads, a high resolution OLED Screen, SIXAXIS motion sensor technology, dual analog sticks, front and rear cameras, access to cloud-based games data such as saves, and lots of other neat little features.

PS Vita will be released in Holiday 2011.

Posted in

Comments

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

Bad 3G'S better than no 3G. Take it from someone on the 3DS...

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

I'm already on AT&T, so I'll probably pick up the 3G+Wifi model, if for no other reason than I'm a "Just in case" kinda guy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

AT&T has monthly limits to its mobile broadband, with tiered service plans offering.

www.quitting-weed.net/

[URL="http://www.quitting-weed.net/"]quitting weed[/URL]

Re: PS Vita Uses AT&T for 3G

If I ever get one of those, I think I'd prefer the wi-fi only version.  3G just sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm