Stupid Crime: Games for Heroin

June 7, 2011 -

Two men from Pueblo, Colorado were arrested on Saturday after pawning a large cache of video games to buy some heroin, according to the The Chieftain. The men were jailed after one of them admitted to stealing games from a local K-Mart so they could buy drugs. Nineteen-year-old Shane Michael Santarelli was arrested after police stopped the car he was riding in, according to a report by police officer Donnie Lambert.

Police were looking for the vehicle after an employee of the Kmart store at 3415 N. Elizabeth St. called them  about a man who was putting DS video games into a cooler. The man then left the story without paying for the games, meeting another man, 25-year-old Robert Gene Poirier, at his car. The employee followed the men to several pawnshops in the area.

The employee told police he saw the men drive to nearby EZ Pawn, and then to Top Dollar Pawn. The manager of Top Dollar Pawn told police that the man matching the description of Santarelli came into the store at about 2:30 p.m. and pawned 31 video games for $93.

Police later stopped Santarelli and Poirier in a black Ford Mustang, near Santarelli's home on Regency Boulevard. Poirier told police that Santarelli asked him to take him to Kmart so he could steal some video games. After pawning the games, the not-so-dynamic-duo split the money.

Santarelli and Poirier were arrested and charged for suspicion of providing false information to a pawnbroker and theft. Santarelli was being held in Pueblo County jail in lieu of $35,000 bail. Poirier remained in jail in lieu of $10,000 bail.

Source: The Pueblo Cheftain

Comments

Re: Stupid Crime: Games for Heroin

Dismissing poor judgement resulting from drug addiction as mere stupidity trivializes the tragedy of the disease.

While obviously I don't condone stealing games and selling them for heroin (and honest to Christ I shouldn't even have to put that disclaimer in), heroin destroys minds and lives.

Andrew EisenHow many people do you think will return their copy for a censored version of the game? My money is on zero.01/27/2015 - 12:47am
Goth_Skunk@Cheater: If I were an Australian consumer, there's no way I'd be returning it.01/26/2015 - 10:43pm
Cheater87Ooops http://stevivor.com/2015/01/ps4-copies-saints-row-iv-re-elected-undergoing-product-recall-australia/01/26/2015 - 10:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, well I've passed the request along.01/26/2015 - 9:03pm
ZippyDSMleeI loath itunes..........01/26/2015 - 9:02pm
Goth_SkunkUNLESS you haven't downloaded the most 3 recent episodes. Then it cancels your subscription automatically.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Goth_Skunk@AE: No. iTunes instead just downloads it automatically, provided you've set it up to do so in your preferences.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Andrew EisenAnyone know if iTunes sends email notifications when there's a new episode of a podcast you're subscribed to?01/26/2015 - 8:30pm
ZippyDSMleeAck!! Sorry lack of spell checker means I more incoherent than ever :P, Sign up for email notification thing for the pod cast. Probly more trouble than its worth, I guess I will have to check the site more often ><01/26/2015 - 8:22pm
Andrew EisenWhat is a "sign u email thing"? We provide a direct download link to the show every week. The video version is on my YouTube channel. You can use our RSS feed to add it to a news reader. You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes.01/26/2015 - 6:48pm
ZippyDSMleeMmm you guys ever thought about doing a sign u email thing for the pod cast? If I can click a direct link to downlaod it to toss in all daily podcast listening I might listen to it more than randomly forgtting its on here 0-o01/26/2015 - 6:37pm
prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm