Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

June 20, 2011 -

Gird your loins if you have them, new potential Verizon customers. According to an exclusive report in Droid Life, Verizon will roll out a new tiered data plan on July 7, charging new customers based on how much data they use every month. Verizon will charge $30 a month for 2GB, $50 a month for 5GB, amd $80 a month for 10GB.

If you want to add tethering into the mix it will cost you even more: Verizon will charge $50 a month for 4GB, $70 a month for 7GB, and $100 a month for 12GB. If you go over your monthly amount of data, it will cost you an additional $10 per 1GB.

This plan is for new customers and not those who already have a contract with the provider. The new rates are for both 3G and 4G smartphones. Check out the full report here.

Thanks to Samit Sakar for the tip via Twitter.

Comments

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

So, I guess I have a good deal going paying 100 sek, for 100/100Mbit (up/down)... ;)

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

On your phone?

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Dear Net Neutrality,

Suck it.

Sincerely,
Verizon.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

P.S.

Swallow.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Good lord.  I may have to jump ship on Verizon over this one, those rates are ludicrous.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

That sucks. Good thing I had already renewed my contract before this tired planned came up. Looks like I'll be heading to sprint next time my contract is up.

Poll

EA has shuttered Maxis (The Sims, SimCity). Should it keep the Maxis name alive?:

PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/something-is-wrong-with-resident-evil-revelation-2s-se-1689843368 Something's Wrong With Resident Evil's Season Pass On PS403/06/2015 - 12:31pm
Andrew EisenPM - Yep, that's the one.03/06/2015 - 12:53am
TechnogeekBest case, it was some marketing douchebag who thought they could pander to both sides at once.03/06/2015 - 12:49am
TechnogeekAlso, this was the mistake tweet: http://i.imgur.com/4eLWNHx.jpg03/06/2015 - 12:48am
TechnogeekBecause nothing says "open, diverse gaming community" like buddying up with Breitbart.03/06/2015 - 12:47am
Papa MidnightAndrew Eisen, I believe this is the picture that you seek: http://i.imgur.com/Gdk60pa.jpg03/06/2015 - 12:30am
Papa MidnightSurely, Goth_Skunk, you say that in jest?03/06/2015 - 12:28am
prh99Craig R. Cause quite a few of them are not, they're bullies with different politics.03/06/2015 - 12:23am
MechaTama31What was the "mistake" tweet?03/06/2015 - 12:18am
MechaCrashWhatever you say, Goth.03/06/2015 - 12:02am
E. Zachary KnightGoth, they could have fooled me.03/05/2015 - 11:16pm
Goth_SkunkI don't understand. GamerGate supports an open, diverse gaming community for all as well. Google's statement is contradictory.03/05/2015 - 10:59pm
TechnogeekAnd as far as the Card thing went, I basically balanced it out personal guilt-wise by donating an amount equal to the Shadow Complex purchase price to the ACLU.03/05/2015 - 9:44pm
TechnogeekWelp, look like the Gerberghazi crowd is going to have to use Bing now. https://twitter.com/googlecloud/status/57365320825126093003/05/2015 - 9:42pm
Goth_SkunkAhh! I misinterpreted your statement about being left with almost every game in existence. I interpreted it as 'If you boycott games he's been involved with, you're boycotting almost all of them.'03/05/2015 - 9:31pm
Andrew EisenGoth - Card has been involved with only a small handful of games so if one were to boycott games for his involvement, they wouldn't be missing out on many games.03/05/2015 - 9:29pm
Goth_Skunk@Craig: Only if you're not interested in seeing it end.03/05/2015 - 9:27pm
Craig R.Instead of calling people the "anti gamergate faction", you could just call them "sane"03/05/2015 - 9:23pm
Goth_SkunkWhat do you mean 'almost every game in existence'? Card is a writer, not a game developer.03/05/2015 - 9:18pm
Andrew EisenBut I too wonder how many people who cry boycott actually follow through. I vaguely remember a few years ago a bunch of people boycotting one of the CoD games and were all found playing it on Steam.03/05/2015 - 7:53pm