Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

June 20, 2011 -

Gird your loins if you have them, new potential Verizon customers. According to an exclusive report in Droid Life, Verizon will roll out a new tiered data plan on July 7, charging new customers based on how much data they use every month. Verizon will charge $30 a month for 2GB, $50 a month for 5GB, amd $80 a month for 10GB.

If you want to add tethering into the mix it will cost you even more: Verizon will charge $50 a month for 4GB, $70 a month for 7GB, and $100 a month for 12GB. If you go over your monthly amount of data, it will cost you an additional $10 per 1GB.

This plan is for new customers and not those who already have a contract with the provider. The new rates are for both 3G and 4G smartphones. Check out the full report here.

Thanks to Samit Sakar for the tip via Twitter.

Comments

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

So, I guess I have a good deal going paying 100 sek, for 100/100Mbit (up/down)... ;)

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

On your phone?

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Dear Net Neutrality,

Suck it.

Sincerely,
Verizon.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

P.S.

Swallow.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Good lord.  I may have to jump ship on Verizon over this one, those rates are ludicrous.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

That sucks. Good thing I had already renewed my contract before this tired planned came up. Looks like I'll be heading to sprint next time my contract is up.

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am