Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

June 20, 2011 -

Gird your loins if you have them, new potential Verizon customers. According to an exclusive report in Droid Life, Verizon will roll out a new tiered data plan on July 7, charging new customers based on how much data they use every month. Verizon will charge $30 a month for 2GB, $50 a month for 5GB, amd $80 a month for 10GB.

If you want to add tethering into the mix it will cost you even more: Verizon will charge $50 a month for 4GB, $70 a month for 7GB, and $100 a month for 12GB. If you go over your monthly amount of data, it will cost you an additional $10 per 1GB.

This plan is for new customers and not those who already have a contract with the provider. The new rates are for both 3G and 4G smartphones. Check out the full report here.

Thanks to Samit Sakar for the tip via Twitter.

Comments

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

So, I guess I have a good deal going paying 100 sek, for 100/100Mbit (up/down)... ;)

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

On your phone?

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Dear Net Neutrality,

Suck it.

Sincerely,
Verizon.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

P.S.

Swallow.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Good lord.  I may have to jump ship on Verizon over this one, those rates are ludicrous.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

That sucks. Good thing I had already renewed my contract before this tired planned came up. Looks like I'll be heading to sprint next time my contract is up.

Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm