Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

June 20, 2011 -

Gird your loins if you have them, new potential Verizon customers. According to an exclusive report in Droid Life, Verizon will roll out a new tiered data plan on July 7, charging new customers based on how much data they use every month. Verizon will charge $30 a month for 2GB, $50 a month for 5GB, amd $80 a month for 10GB.

If you want to add tethering into the mix it will cost you even more: Verizon will charge $50 a month for 4GB, $70 a month for 7GB, and $100 a month for 12GB. If you go over your monthly amount of data, it will cost you an additional $10 per 1GB.

This plan is for new customers and not those who already have a contract with the provider. The new rates are for both 3G and 4G smartphones. Check out the full report here.

Thanks to Samit Sakar for the tip via Twitter.

Comments

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

So, I guess I have a good deal going paying 100 sek, for 100/100Mbit (up/down)... ;)

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

On your phone?

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Dear Net Neutrality,

Suck it.

Sincerely,
Verizon.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Power means nothing without honor and pride."

http://grifsgamereviews.blogspot.com My video game review site.

Atlanta Video Games Examiner for examiner.com

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

P.S.

Swallow.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

Good lord.  I may have to jump ship on Verizon over this one, those rates are ludicrous.

Re: Report: New Verizon Data Plans Launch July 7

That sucks. Good thing I had already renewed my contract before this tired planned came up. Looks like I'll be heading to sprint next time my contract is up.

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

MaskedPixelantehttp://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/two_tetris_downloads_to_be_removed_from_the_3ds_eshop_in_europe Tetris to be removed from the 3DS VC at the end of the year in Europe. Other regions unknown, but will probably all happen too.11/28/2014 - 9:16am
Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Andrew EisenHaving a game run in scope is not necessarily a bad thing but like any aspect ratio, you have to compose your shots correctly.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Evil Within was pretty bad and to make it worse the way the screen size made it hard for you to see even on a big screen it really hurt the game. Being Artistic is great but when you focus on art rather than what sells you run the risk of that happen11/27/2014 - 5:33pm
Matthew WilsonI kinda hope this is not true. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_might_not_be_making_more_gamecube_controller_adapters_at_the_moment11/27/2014 - 1:34pm
Matthew WilsonI saw that. I wish people would stop preording, but sadly that will never happen.11/27/2014 - 1:26pm
Papa MidnightUbisoft has cancelled the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity (http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2ni2ac/ubisoft_cancel_season_pass_for_ac_unity/)11/27/2014 - 1:08pm
NeenekoBut now I can use the christmas discount justification too,11/27/2014 - 11:46am
NeenekoI am also sorely temped by Civ:BE, mostly because I have a demo coming up and I know my productivity will tank.11/27/2014 - 11:45am