G4TV's Proving Ground on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's Death

June 21, 2011 -

G4TV announced last night that it has put its new show "Proving Ground" on hold after hearing the news that one of the show's co-hosts, Ryan Dunn had died in a car crash in Pennsylvania. The network also issued a statement offering its condolences to the friends and family of the former Jackass star.

"All of us at G4 are shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic news that Ryan Dunn has passed away," read a G4 statement. "Ryan's comedic wit and signature no-holds-barred approach made him an incredible talent and his work on G4's Proving Ground was flawless."

A spokeswoman for the network said separately that "the show is off the schedule as of today until we discuss next steps." The half-hour show with Dunn and co-host Jessica Chobot debuted on June 14. The idea of the show is for the duo to team up with experts to recreate stunts from films, TV and videogames to see how they might work in the real world. There's a good chance that the show will be canceled.

According to published reports, Dunn passed away in a car crash early Monday morning. While details of the crash have not been released, it appears that he lost control of his 2007 Porsche 911 GT3; it was found "off the road and in the woods" in West Goshen Township, Pennsylvania. Dunn and an unidentified passenger died as "a result of injuries sustained in the accident."

We offer our sincerest regrets and condolences to the friends and family of Dunn.

Source: Ace Showbiz

Posted in

Comments

Re: G4TV's Proving Ground on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

Well, I haven't been a fan of the show in years, but nevertheless, this is tragic.

My sincerest condolences to Ryan's family and friends.

Re: G4TV's Proving Grounds on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

SO this news is legit?

Rest in piece Mr Dunn, you were awesome.

Re: G4TV's Proving Grounds on Hold in Wake of Co-Star's ...

I heard about this yesterday.  While I wasn't a fan of Jackass or any of its related spin-offs (and untill recently I always used to get Dunn and Zach Galifianakis confused with each other), this was very sad.  I heard about Proving Ground and thought the concept was great; kind of like a Mythbusters for the gamer crowd.  Dunn's sudden death now makes me wonder about the future of the show, and I express my condolances to Jessica Chobot and the rest of the show's production crew.

E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm