Lulz Security Exits Stage Left with Massive Data Dump

June 28, 2011 -

Late last week hacking group Lulz Security announced that they were all done hacking websites, servers and game services. But before the group said its final bon voyage it committed one more act on Saturday: they released a 500MB torrent file containing all kinds of data stolen from various places. The most notable data from the file is from the beta of Battlefield Heroes. We assume the data is old.

The torrent file contained data related to 550,000 user accounts from the Battlefield Heroes beta (usernames and hashed passwords) and data from an additional 50,000 member accounts from various gaming forums. Other data released includes an SQL file for hackforums.net; an internal help and configuration cheat sheet for AOL; an error script from an FBI page; 11,793 user accounts for nato-bookshop.org; a screenshot of a compromised job search for the American Department of the Navy; CIDR network ranges from several corporations; and employee data from Priority Investigations Limited; data and file dumps of AT&T’s internal network.

Will this be the last gasp of the hacking group that has terrorized League of Legends, The Escapist, the CIA, Eve Online and more over the past 50 days? Or is this just a ruse? We'll continue to follow this story.

Source: GamingBus

Posted in

Comments

Re: Lulz Security Exits Stage Left with Massive Data Dump

I just found out I was one of the few who had his information leaked because of the Battlefield beta.

What was worse is that its tied to my main EA account so you could use that same login information to get into it.

Honestly Lulzsec can eat a dick.

---- Rumblerumblerumber

Re: Lulz Security Exits Stage Left with Massive Data Dump

...

"Terrorized"? Wait, people were scared and actually took this all seriously?

Re: Lulz Security Exits Stage Left with Massive Data Dump

You didn't hear the chanting of the lynch mob?

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

-Greevar

"Paste superficially profound, but utterly meaningless quotation here."

Re: Lulz Security Exits Stage Left with Massive Data Dump

Do they somehow think people won't still be after them?

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am
ZenLet the ax fall Sleaker...lessons MUST be learned...08/20/2014 - 11:44am