Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

June 29, 2011 -

The High Court in Belfast, Ireland has ordered a 13-year-old boy to surrender his Xbox 360 as a condition of being released from jail. The boy, whose name was withheld because he is a minor, was being held in jail for allegedly committing a number of burglaries in the Downpatrick area of Co Down.

During a hearing to obtain a release the boy was asked what was the most important thing he owned. He responded by saying that his Xbox 360 meant a lot to him.

The judge then ordered him to give the Xbox 360 to the authorities as a condition of release. He added that it would be returned to him when the charges were dealt with.

The judge told the boy that he was taking the Xbox 360 to show him what it was like to have something he valued taken from him.

Source: RTE News Ireland by way of PC World

Comments

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

Boy then goes home to play on his PS3, completely forgetting any lesson to be learned for the day.

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

I hate broccoli/ and think it totally sucks/ Why isn't it meat?

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

Northern Ireland.  2 very different countries.  Its like calling Canada "America".

Re: Ireland Court Orders Boy to Turn Over Xbox 360

That's kind of cool, unless the xbox was stolen/purchased with stolen funds, then he probably won't get the point.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm