Android Hits 130 Million Activations

July 15, 2011 -

Google announced this week that over 130 million Android devices have now been activated since the mobile operating system launched and that more than 550,000 devices are activated every day. The announcement was made during Google's second quarter earnings call. The total activation figure is a 30 million increase over the numbers Google released in May.

The daily activation numbers are also up dramatically - from 500,000 just a few weeks ago to 550,000.

Meanwhile, analysts don't seem to be all that concerned with Google's activation numbers. According to this Apple Insider report, Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster says he is "comfortable" with Apple's position in the industry.

"Apple's numbers are deceivingly low given the shift in timing of the iPhone upgrade," Gene Munster with Piper Jaffray wrote in a note to investors. "We believe iOS devices would have been up ~20% (quarter over quarter) if iPhone 5 had shipped in June."

Source: Gamasutra

Posted in

Comments

Re: Android Hits 130 Million Activations

Apple is unconcerned?  Funny, last i checked, they were trying to sue everyone into oblivion.

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

Here are we -- and yonder yawns the universe.

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm