League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

July 26, 2011 -

Riot Games announced that its popular online strategy game League of Legends has hit a major milestone: more than 1.4 million players log on and play the game every day. The game currently sits at the 15 million registered players mark, with an average of ten games of League of Legends starting every second of every day. The first season of competitive play recently completed showing that the number of active players each month has grown to over four million.

"We are extremely proud and appreciative of the devoted League of Legends community which has grown substantially over the last year and a half," said Brandon Beck, CEO of Riot Games. "We’re committed to continuing to match their dedication with our relentless focus on ongoing enhancements to the player experience with great new features, content, and polish – and we have some very exciting surprises in store just around the corner."

The League of Legends currently operates servers in North America and Europe. Peak concurrency between the two platforms totals over 500,000 simultaneous players. In addition to that number, Riot claims that over a million games of League of Legends are played - most consisting of two teams of five players - every day, players are spending 3.7 million hours in-game, the official website for League of Legends receives over 6 million page views per day, 1.4 million people like League of Legends on Facebook, and League of Legends videos have nearly 100 million views on YouTube. Finally, over 1,690,000 viewers tuned into the online broadcast of the League of Legends Season One Championship, with concurrent viewership peaking at over 210,000.

No matter what you think of Riot Games or League of Legends, these big numbers are pretty impressive for a game that doesn't get as much attention from the media as it probably should.

Find out more about it by visiting www.riotgames.com.

Comments

Re: League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

Extremely alluring A-line Cocktail Dresses enjoys strapless neckline Formal Dresses with semi-transparent bodice accented by lace motifs.Evening Dresses Distinct waistline introduces the sleek taffeta Wedding Dresses cascading downward to the ground with a gentle sweep train,Sweet 16 Dresses while side lace panels highlight the effect to the core.

Re: League of Legends Hits Major Milestones

For those who don't know, league of legends is a free to play MOBA that is a successor to DotA from the WC3 custom map. It's free to play if you want to try it. http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c9a729d68209335745662

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm