Angry Birds for China

July 29, 2011 -

Even China can't escape the allure of the Angry Birds franchise. Rovio Entertainment announced the opening of corporate and marketing operations in China. The goal of this move is to bring a tailored Angry Birds game to China. China is currently the second largest market for Angry Birds and represents what Rovio calls an "immense potential for continued growth." Rovio Entertainment expects 100 million Angry Birds downloads in China by the end of 2011.

Rovio will develop games and other products exclusive to Chinese fans. The first game, the "Moon Festival" episode for Angry Birds Seasons, will be ready for launch in September, in time for the Mid-Autumn Festival. Beyond China, "Moon Festival" will share this culturally important festival season with hundreds of millions of Angry Birds fans worldwide, celebrating Chinese culture in every corner of the world.

Angry Birds themed moon cakes will also be available in China.

In addition to expanding its operations staff in China, Rovio is adding strategic partners to its Angry Birds China team. PPW has been appointed as the licensing representative of the Angry Birds franchise. Madhouse, China’s leading mobile ad network, will partner with Angry Birds to expand virtual and real world connections and reach via prime time mobile advertising concepts. Additional mobile ad industry partners are expected to be announced soon.

Angry Birds branded products will also be available in China, including a line of Angry Birds shoes at Letao, China’s largest online shoe company.

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm