Operation Supply Drop Successfully Deploys Game Packages to Active Duty Troops

July 29, 2011 -

Operation Supply Drop, a [501(c)(3)] non-profit charity that creates video game care packages for American servicemen and women deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, has collected $10,000 in donations in its seven months of existence. The group says that this is all thanks to the public which has been very generous in giving them the funds they need to fill the request for video game filled care packages to units in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Two of the massive care packages reached their targets in June and July: codenamed COMPANION CUBE (Afghanistan) and LITTLE HAMMER (Iraq). Thanks to the generosity of donors, the next care package (which has $1800 in the latest and greatest games and gear) will ship to a military intelligence section stationed in Iraq. They are calling this drop Code Name: GREASE GUN. In the future the group plans to send a package to Northern Afghanistan which is named Code Name: DRAGON PUNCH. Web site GameCrush.com is donating the proceeds of its "Playdates" to help fill out the package.

You can learn more about the group's successful efforts and future plans over at FTG or you can go directly to the Operation Supply Drop web site and see how you can help out.

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am