Report: MineCon Event in November

August 3, 2011 -

If you are one of those poor souls that is hopelessly addicted to all things Minecraft, then you'll be glad to know that Markus Persson will launch the full and final release version of the game at a special event dubbed MineCon. the event will take place at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas this November.

Minecraft Developer Markus Persson (aka Notch) will be on hand to officially release the game at the event. Persson mentioned the idea of a special conference back in May. The event is scheduled for November 18.

Other details about just what is going on at this event are pretty scarce at the time of this writing. when notch talked about the idea of an event back in May he mentioned various contests (costume, speed building, etc.), question and answer sessions, parties and more. Back then he speculated that a ticket might cost as much as $90 per person.

A MineCon registration site will launch next week with more information, according to reports.

We'll keep you posted.

Source: Shacknews

Comments

Re: Report: MineCon Event in November

Important correction to this story: it is not the final version. Notch has stated he is going to develop the game further after the "release date" and that the date is itself a fairly arbitrary point picked mainly for marketing purposes.

To the "only reason I would live in or near the United States" guy: I respect that alot more than the people who live here and bitch about it all the time.

Re: Report: MineCon Event in November

Conventions are perhaps the only reason I would want to live in the United States, or close to it. Or be rich.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm