Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

August 12, 2011 -

Bungie's IT guy, Jeff Fletcher, is an information specialist for the Halo creators during the day, but sometimes he's a gun-toting vigilante, according to this report from Seattle news station KING 5.

Fletcher pulled into the parking lot of a US Bank branch in Skyway, Seattle last week where he witnessed a gun fight between two men. As the situation escalated the former security guard (and son of a former Seattle police officer) saw one of the men take a bullet while the other tried to flee the scene. Fletcher jumped into action, pulling his own gun out and stopping the fleeing suspect in his tracks. He then made a citizen’s arrest, used his father's old handcuffs to subdue the man, and waited for the police to arrive.

You can watch a news report on the whole thing below.

Bungie should consider letting this guy handle security - in addition to handling network security!

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Wandering around town with a handgun and (just by chance - yeah, riiiight) a pair of handcuffs? Sounds like a cop-wannabe to me. Such people are indeed dangerous - but not in a good way.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Kudos I guess for stopping the criminal. Having handcuffs is a bit odd but one thing I noticed may get him into a bit of trouble:

"When we got here, the shooter was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb,"

If you disarmed him, subdued and cuffed him then he had no reason to search him. I can see the shooters attorney starting a law suit over that little bit. I mean, did Jeff read him Miranda as well?

Again, kudos to Jeff but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out doing that. The next one may not go down so willingly.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

A gun I could see but he just happened to have his father's old handcuffs handy?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

He doesn't really look like he's up to chasing anybody down either.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

maybe the guy has a few other 'hobbies' we dont know about.

Poll

Will the New Nintendo 3DS be region free?:

ZenI have to toss my hat in for Michael Jai White as well...he would make a hell of a Luke Cage I believe.09/03/2014 - 1:56am
Andrew EisenI love Terry Crews but I'm not sure he fits Luke Cage's personality (maybe Crews' acting range is broader than I realize?). How about Michael Jai White?09/02/2014 - 11:25pm
Papa MidnightTerry Crews for Luke Cage. Make it happen, Marvel and Netflix :)09/02/2014 - 9:58pm
prh99I would be shocked if Nintendo said it was region free, or even made it optional like XBox 360 for that matter.09/02/2014 - 7:22pm
Matthew WilsonI should say the recent past.09/02/2014 - 6:58pm
Matthew Wilsongiven their past, I do not blame people for thinking they will not change. I think they will keep region locking too.09/02/2014 - 6:48pm
E. Zachary KnightMan. People have no confidence in Nintendo regarding region locking the New 3DS.09/02/2014 - 6:20pm
Andrew EisenThat doesn't mean there has to be a movie though. Having said that, I've no doubt that we will eventually get a Black Panther movie. But Stan Lee will probably learn about it around the same time you and I do.09/02/2014 - 2:34pm
MaskedPixelanteWell they have to get to him eventually. Captain America's shield didn't grow on a tree, the minerals to make it had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is Wakanda.09/02/2014 - 2:31pm
E. Zachary KnightYes, but it has never been confirmed as in development, or even pre-production.09/02/2014 - 2:21pm
MaskedPixelanteBlack Panther's been on the short list for a while.09/02/2014 - 2:18pm
E. Zachary KnightIt is possible that Stan Lee mispoke. I don't think he knows everything Marvel movies. But it is a sweet idea if true.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
Andrew EisenSo says Stan Lee who almost certainly wouldn't know.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Black-Panther-Movie-Confirmed-By-Stan-Lee-66993.html Black Panther is apparently getting a movie. And maybe one for Black Widow, even though I think it's too late for her.09/02/2014 - 1:53pm
Cheater87Look what FINALLY came to Australia uncut! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/left-4-dead-2-gets-reclassified-in-australia/1100-6422038/09/02/2014 - 6:49am
Andrew EisenHence the "Uh, yeah. Obviously."09/02/2014 - 12:53am
SleakerI think Nintendo has proven over the last 2 years that it doesn't.09/02/2014 - 12:31am
Andrew EisenSleaker - Uh, yeah. Obviously.09/01/2014 - 8:20pm
Sleaker@AE - exclusives do not a console business make.09/01/2014 - 8:03pm
Papa MidnightI find it disappointing that, despite the presence of a snopes article and multiple articles countering it, people are still spreading a fake news story about a "SWATter" being sentenced to X (because the number seems to keep changing) years in prison.09/01/2014 - 5:08pm