Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

August 12, 2011 -

Bungie's IT guy, Jeff Fletcher, is an information specialist for the Halo creators during the day, but sometimes he's a gun-toting vigilante, according to this report from Seattle news station KING 5.

Fletcher pulled into the parking lot of a US Bank branch in Skyway, Seattle last week where he witnessed a gun fight between two men. As the situation escalated the former security guard (and son of a former Seattle police officer) saw one of the men take a bullet while the other tried to flee the scene. Fletcher jumped into action, pulling his own gun out and stopping the fleeing suspect in his tracks. He then made a citizen’s arrest, used his father's old handcuffs to subdue the man, and waited for the police to arrive.

You can watch a news report on the whole thing below.

Bungie should consider letting this guy handle security - in addition to handling network security!

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Wandering around town with a handgun and (just by chance - yeah, riiiight) a pair of handcuffs? Sounds like a cop-wannabe to me. Such people are indeed dangerous - but not in a good way.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Kudos I guess for stopping the criminal. Having handcuffs is a bit odd but one thing I noticed may get him into a bit of trouble:

"When we got here, the shooter was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb,"

If you disarmed him, subdued and cuffed him then he had no reason to search him. I can see the shooters attorney starting a law suit over that little bit. I mean, did Jeff read him Miranda as well?

Again, kudos to Jeff but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out doing that. The next one may not go down so willingly.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

A gun I could see but he just happened to have his father's old handcuffs handy?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

He doesn't really look like he's up to chasing anybody down either.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

maybe the guy has a few other 'hobbies' we dont know about.

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm