Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

August 12, 2011 -

Bungie's IT guy, Jeff Fletcher, is an information specialist for the Halo creators during the day, but sometimes he's a gun-toting vigilante, according to this report from Seattle news station KING 5.

Fletcher pulled into the parking lot of a US Bank branch in Skyway, Seattle last week where he witnessed a gun fight between two men. As the situation escalated the former security guard (and son of a former Seattle police officer) saw one of the men take a bullet while the other tried to flee the scene. Fletcher jumped into action, pulling his own gun out and stopping the fleeing suspect in his tracks. He then made a citizen’s arrest, used his father's old handcuffs to subdue the man, and waited for the police to arrive.

You can watch a news report on the whole thing below.

Bungie should consider letting this guy handle security - in addition to handling network security!

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Wandering around town with a handgun and (just by chance - yeah, riiiight) a pair of handcuffs? Sounds like a cop-wannabe to me. Such people are indeed dangerous - but not in a good way.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

Kudos I guess for stopping the criminal. Having handcuffs is a bit odd but one thing I noticed may get him into a bit of trouble:

"When we got here, the shooter was searched, in handcuffs and sitting down on the curb,"

If you disarmed him, subdued and cuffed him then he had no reason to search him. I can see the shooters attorney starting a law suit over that little bit. I mean, did Jeff read him Miranda as well?

Again, kudos to Jeff but I certainly wouldn't make a habit out doing that. The next one may not go down so willingly.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

A gun I could see but he just happened to have his father's old handcuffs handy?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

He doesn't really look like he's up to chasing anybody down either.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: Bungie IT Guy is Downright Dangerous!

maybe the guy has a few other 'hobbies' we dont know about.

james_fudgeI'll be watching the Facebook page09/01/2015 - 10:14am
james_fudgethe site maybe up right now, but we're not updating until we're at the new location.09/01/2015 - 10:13am
james_fudgehttps://www.facebook.com/gamepolitics09/01/2015 - 10:12am
Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm