AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

August 16, 2011 -

The AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers will unveil the Adroit Switchblade, the first in a series of controllers for gamers with disabilities, during the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives."

The panel will feature three charities, who will detail ways that video games can improve the quality of life for those who are depressed, hospitalized or severely disabled, or find themselves homesick while deployed in a warzone.

The Adroit Switchblade is a joined effort between the AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers and is aimed at enabling more gamers with disabilities to be able to enjoy the benefits created by gaming.

"Working with AbleGamers is very exciting and allows Evil Controllers to make larger strides in bringing gaming to the entirety of the population," said Adam Coe, CEO of Evil Controllers. "Working with gamers with disabilities has been incredibly rewarding for all involved, both on the production and gaming end of the spectrum. I am personally very excited about the new Adroit controller, which AbleGamers and myself hope will enable even more people to play, and jump into the gaming community without restrictions."

“We are incredibly excited to be showing off all the hard work that went into the Adroit Switchblade,” said Mark Barlet, President and Co-Founder of the AbleGamers Foundation. “Evil Controllers and the AbleGamers Foundation have worked tirelessly to put together something that has the potential to enable real change in the lives of gamers with disabilities. Evil Controllers has flexed their intellectual muscle to bring our ideas to life, I could not be happier with the results.”

For more information about the new controller, check out www.ablegamers.com/adroit The controller will be unveiled officially at the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives" on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

Comments

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

I'm disappoints I can't see the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Me too. What a waste to create such a trailer and not show the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Sadly, I think saying they've detailed the controller is a bit much.  Since the video doesn't actually detail anything at all.

I'm interested to see it.  But I'll have to wait until there are actual details.

===============

Chris Kimberley

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

That MARK fellow that wrote the press release got the time / date wrong.

The panel is on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

InfophileRelevant to this site: http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/015984.html#015984 - Apparently allowing comments to be downvoted leads to worse behaviour09/22/2014 - 6:18am
Andrew EisenMP - I love that game but damn my squadmates are bozos.09/21/2014 - 10:05pm
MaskedPixelanteSWAT teams should be banned until they; 1. Learn not to walk into enemy fire, 2. Learn to throw the flashbang INTO the doorway, not the frame and 3. Stop complaining that I'm in their way.09/21/2014 - 9:53pm
Craig R.I'm getting of the opinion that SWAT teams nationwide should be banned. This probably isn't even the most absurd situation in which they've been used.09/21/2014 - 9:26pm
Andrew EisenAnd, predictably, it encouraged more parody accounts, having the exact opposite effect than what was intended.09/21/2014 - 7:07pm
E. Zachary KnightThis is called a police state people. When public officials can send SWAT raids after anyone for any offense, we are no longer free.09/21/2014 - 6:41pm
E. Zachary KnightJudge rules SWAT raid tageting parody Twitter account was justified. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/19/illinois-judge-swat-raid-parody-twitter-peoria-mayor09/21/2014 - 6:41pm
MechaTama31quik: But even if it did break, at worst it is only as bad as the powder. Even that is assuming that it is dangerous through skin contact, which is not a given if its delivery vehicle is a syringe.09/21/2014 - 4:30pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/20/isis-uses-gta-5-in-new-teen-recruitment-video/09/21/2014 - 4:25pm
quiknkoldSyringes can break. And in a transcontinental delivery, the glass could've broken when crushed. I work in a mail center. Shit like this is super serious09/21/2014 - 3:25pm
E. Zachary KnightIt doesn't matter what is inside the needle. As long as it requires him to take the step of purposefully injecting himself, the threat of the substance is as close to zero as you can get.09/21/2014 - 1:27pm
quiknkoldEzach: I'm not talking about the needle. I'm talking about what's inside. Geeze. Depending on what it is, the sender could be guilty of bioterrorism.09/21/2014 - 12:51pm
E. Zachary Knightquiknkold, No. That syringe is not worse than white powder or a bomb. The syringe requires the recipient to actually inject themselves. Not true for other mail threats.09/21/2014 - 12:49pm
Andrew EisenThe closest to a threat I ever received was a handwritten note slipped under my door that read "I KNOW it was you." Still no idea what that was about. I think the author must have got the wrong apartment.09/21/2014 - 12:28pm
InfophileThat's what they call it? I always called it hydroxic acid...09/21/2014 - 11:57am
MaskedPixelanteProbably dihydrogen monoxide, the most dangerous substance in the universe.09/21/2014 - 10:14am
james_fudgewell I hope he called the police so they can let us all know.09/21/2014 - 9:07am
quiknkoldIt's pretty gnarly. Depending on what it is, it could be worse than white powder or a fake bomb.09/21/2014 - 9:06am
james_fudgeI just looked it up on UPS.com09/21/2014 - 8:56am