AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

August 16, 2011 -

The AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers will unveil the Adroit Switchblade, the first in a series of controllers for gamers with disabilities, during the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives."

The panel will feature three charities, who will detail ways that video games can improve the quality of life for those who are depressed, hospitalized or severely disabled, or find themselves homesick while deployed in a warzone.

The Adroit Switchblade is a joined effort between the AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers and is aimed at enabling more gamers with disabilities to be able to enjoy the benefits created by gaming.

"Working with AbleGamers is very exciting and allows Evil Controllers to make larger strides in bringing gaming to the entirety of the population," said Adam Coe, CEO of Evil Controllers. "Working with gamers with disabilities has been incredibly rewarding for all involved, both on the production and gaming end of the spectrum. I am personally very excited about the new Adroit controller, which AbleGamers and myself hope will enable even more people to play, and jump into the gaming community without restrictions."

“We are incredibly excited to be showing off all the hard work that went into the Adroit Switchblade,” said Mark Barlet, President and Co-Founder of the AbleGamers Foundation. “Evil Controllers and the AbleGamers Foundation have worked tirelessly to put together something that has the potential to enable real change in the lives of gamers with disabilities. Evil Controllers has flexed their intellectual muscle to bring our ideas to life, I could not be happier with the results.”

For more information about the new controller, check out www.ablegamers.com/adroit The controller will be unveiled officially at the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives" on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

Comments

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

I'm disappoints I can't see the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Me too. What a waste to create such a trailer and not show the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Sadly, I think saying they've detailed the controller is a bit much.  Since the video doesn't actually detail anything at all.

I'm interested to see it.  But I'll have to wait until there are actual details.

===============

Chris Kimberley

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

That MARK fellow that wrote the press release got the time / date wrong.

The panel is on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

Sleakerhmmm that's odd I could play GBA games natively in my original DS.07/28/2014 - 1:39am
Matthew Wilsonbasically "we do not want to put these games on a system more then 10 people own" just joking07/27/2014 - 8:13pm
MaskedPixelanteSomething, something, the 3DS can't properly emulate GBA games and it was a massive struggle to get the ambassador games running properly.07/27/2014 - 8:06pm
Andrew EisenIdeally, you'd be able to play such games on either platform but until that time, I think Nintendo's using the exclusivity in an attempt to further drive Wii U sales.07/27/2014 - 7:21pm
Matthew WilsonI am kind of surprised games like battle network are not out on the 3ds.07/27/2014 - 7:01pm
Andrew EisenWell, Mega Man 1 - 4, X and X2 are already on there and the first Battle Network is due out July 31st.07/27/2014 - 6:16pm
MaskedPixelanteDid Capcom ever give us a timeline for when they planned on putting the Megaman stuff on Wii U?07/27/2014 - 2:23pm
MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm