AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

August 16, 2011 -

The AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers will unveil the Adroit Switchblade, the first in a series of controllers for gamers with disabilities, during the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives."

The panel will feature three charities, who will detail ways that video games can improve the quality of life for those who are depressed, hospitalized or severely disabled, or find themselves homesick while deployed in a warzone.

The Adroit Switchblade is a joined effort between the AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers and is aimed at enabling more gamers with disabilities to be able to enjoy the benefits created by gaming.

"Working with AbleGamers is very exciting and allows Evil Controllers to make larger strides in bringing gaming to the entirety of the population," said Adam Coe, CEO of Evil Controllers. "Working with gamers with disabilities has been incredibly rewarding for all involved, both on the production and gaming end of the spectrum. I am personally very excited about the new Adroit controller, which AbleGamers and myself hope will enable even more people to play, and jump into the gaming community without restrictions."

“We are incredibly excited to be showing off all the hard work that went into the Adroit Switchblade,” said Mark Barlet, President and Co-Founder of the AbleGamers Foundation. “Evil Controllers and the AbleGamers Foundation have worked tirelessly to put together something that has the potential to enable real change in the lives of gamers with disabilities. Evil Controllers has flexed their intellectual muscle to bring our ideas to life, I could not be happier with the results.”

For more information about the new controller, check out www.ablegamers.com/adroit The controller will be unveiled officially at the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives" on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

Comments

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

I'm disappoints I can't see the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Me too. What a waste to create such a trailer and not show the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Sadly, I think saying they've detailed the controller is a bit much.  Since the video doesn't actually detail anything at all.

I'm interested to see it.  But I'll have to wait until there are actual details.

===============

Chris Kimberley

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

That MARK fellow that wrote the press release got the time / date wrong.

The panel is on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

james_fudgeYou are one of us, you're a GPer, not a GGer :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
james_fudgeNeo_DrKefka: half of them don't know who that is, so no worries :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
Andrew EisenUpdate to the Paranautical Activity story. Dev leaves the studio. http://codeavarice.com/post/100592709238/mike-is-leaving-code-avarice10/21/2014 - 1:52pm
quiknkoldI'm sure you are, Andrew10/21/2014 - 1:44pm
Andrew EisenNintendo announced the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors. No idea how Nintendo expects anyone to give a toss if it don't tell us what it does. Then again, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly.10/21/2014 - 1:25pm
Neo_DrKefkaSo Gamergate compared me to leftist Saul Alnsky....ME off all the people10/21/2014 - 1:16pm
IanCWell.... quite.10/21/2014 - 1:10pm
Andrew EisenWell of course. Girls don't buy figurines and guys don't buy figurines of girls. And no, the girls that buy figurines and the guys that buy figurines of girls don't count. The money belongs on the table, thank you very much!10/21/2014 - 12:43pm
IanCI have 3 of the Disney Infinity figures even though i don't have the game (Rapunzel from Tangled, and Anna & Elsa from Frozen, purely because its the only way to get figures from those two films)10/21/2014 - 12:23pm
Andrew EisenGlad you said "Pokemon." That's the first time I've seen anyone use that abbreviation.10/21/2014 - 12:14pm
MaskedPixelanteGot my demo key for ORAS, hope I get some awesome Pokemon to bring over.10/21/2014 - 12:08pm
E. Zachary KnightNot owning a WiiU helps too.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
E. Zachary KnightI have avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity so far, so I don't see how Amiibos will get me in their grasp.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
Andrew EisenYes, GamerGate has a lot of fair-weather friends.10/21/2014 - 11:25am
Neo_DrKefkaI'm disheartened we have a group of people in Gamergate such as The Ralph Retort that is using Gamergate to prop themselves up but they are acting just like those they are fighting against. Only gaming site coming out of gamergate that worthy is TechRaptr10/21/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenNot I. I'm not interested in desktop tchotchkes. Don't know what they do in Captain Toad (a game I'll actually be picking up) but I'm not impressed by what they do in Smash Bros.10/21/2014 - 11:10am
quiknkoldso in a change of subject to something much lighter, who here is getting the Amiibos? I have 4 preordered.10/21/2014 - 7:02am
TechnogeekFor a change of pace, here's a story about death threats aimed at games industry employees via Twitter that has nothing whatsoever to do with Gamergate: http://kotaku.com/indie-dev-threatens-gabe-newell-has-game-removed-from-164867886910/21/2014 - 4:38am
MechaCrashThey aren't being held accountable because *this is what GamerGate is really about.* Hatred and harassment under a thin veneer of concern for ethics; it's a rotten movement right down to the core. Related: http://tinyurl.com/o5mamgn10/21/2014 - 1:53am
james_fudgeodd why would they delete pro vita comments?10/21/2014 - 12:50am