AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

August 16, 2011 -

The AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers will unveil the Adroit Switchblade, the first in a series of controllers for gamers with disabilities, during the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives."

The panel will feature three charities, who will detail ways that video games can improve the quality of life for those who are depressed, hospitalized or severely disabled, or find themselves homesick while deployed in a warzone.

The Adroit Switchblade is a joined effort between the AbleGamers Foundation and Evil Controllers and is aimed at enabling more gamers with disabilities to be able to enjoy the benefits created by gaming.

"Working with AbleGamers is very exciting and allows Evil Controllers to make larger strides in bringing gaming to the entirety of the population," said Adam Coe, CEO of Evil Controllers. "Working with gamers with disabilities has been incredibly rewarding for all involved, both on the production and gaming end of the spectrum. I am personally very excited about the new Adroit controller, which AbleGamers and myself hope will enable even more people to play, and jump into the gaming community without restrictions."

“We are incredibly excited to be showing off all the hard work that went into the Adroit Switchblade,” said Mark Barlet, President and Co-Founder of the AbleGamers Foundation. “Evil Controllers and the AbleGamers Foundation have worked tirelessly to put together something that has the potential to enable real change in the lives of gamers with disabilities. Evil Controllers has flexed their intellectual muscle to bring our ideas to life, I could not be happier with the results.”

For more information about the new controller, check out www.ablegamers.com/adroit The controller will be unveiled officially at the PAX Prime panel "Gamers Doing Good, How Video Games Change People's Lives" on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

Comments

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

I'm disappoints I can't see the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Me too. What a waste to create such a trailer and not show the controller.

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

Sadly, I think saying they've detailed the controller is a bit much.  Since the video doesn't actually detail anything at all.

I'm interested to see it.  But I'll have to wait until there are actual details.

===============

Chris Kimberley

Re: AbleGamers Foundation Details Adroit Switchblade

That MARK fellow that wrote the press release got the time / date wrong.

The panel is on August 27, at 1:30 PST in the Serpent Theater.

PHX Corphttps://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/592762131264733185/photo/1 a Transcript reguarding the Situation at Konami has been found(CEO Went Nuts over mobile and wanted kojima removed from the company)04/27/2015 - 2:25pm
E. Zachary KnightMatthew, delaying games has been amassive point of contention for games that raised a fraction of what Double Fine did.04/27/2015 - 2:14pm
Matthew Wilsonand yes they went way way over budget from what I read.04/27/2015 - 12:33pm
Matthew Wilson@AE if they cancaled it there would be massive outrage, but people tend to be ok with a delayed game.04/27/2015 - 12:32pm
IvresseBleh, can't edit shout on my phone :-/04/27/2015 - 12:32pm
Andrew EisenHell, the Kickstarter itself raised WAY more than DF was asking but I saw no accusations of impropriety.04/27/2015 - 12:31pm
Andrew EisenA little over three years later (two and a half years after the estimated delivery date), the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter finally delivered the game. Oddly, I never saw anyone accuse Double Fine of scamming or conning anyone.04/27/2015 - 12:30pm
Ivresse@PHX Corp: Not only that, but Konami have just delisted themselves from the NYSE:http://polygon.com/e/826793404/27/2015 - 12:28pm
Matthew Wilsonwhile I felt bad for everyone outside the US who wanted to watch the HOTS finals, the fact it was on espn 2 in prime time is a major major step forward for video games.04/27/2015 - 12:14pm
james_fudgeThanks Papa!04/27/2015 - 10:43am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816# It's Official: Silent Hills Is Cancelled04/27/2015 - 9:48am
Papa MidnightI also hope that legislation holds the individual(s) who initiated the action is criminally liable for any and all harm that may come to persons involved (whether it be the cops or the victim(s)), as well as any property damaged suffered by any party.04/27/2015 - 8:16am
Papa MidnightJames: Small typographical error in the article for the NY Congressman's legislation: earlier is misspelled as "earlkier" (context: "Chuck Schumer (D) earlkier this month.")04/27/2015 - 8:14am
Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm