Castle Crashers Pink Knight Downloads Benefit Keep A Breast Foundation

August 29, 2011 -

A new report from The Behemoth development blog brings news of a new title update for Castle Crashers on Xbox Live Arcade, along with some great news for the Keep A Breast Foundation. First, The Behemoth is offering the Pink Knight DLC for Xbox Live Arcade for free and for every time it is downloaded the developer will give $1 to the Keep A Breast Foundation - until it hits the 50,000 download mark.

The title update supports that fine endeavor, along with the new Blacksmith Pack for 160 Microsoft Points. Besides the new character sporting his miniature antlered frogs as weapons, the DLC offers two new Avatar awards (Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet), a Team vs. Team feature for the Player Match Arena, and a main menu news ticker.

The title update also offers a fix for the level 256 cheat, the data copy glitch, the Sandworm experience glitch, a fix for the Wedding Crashers progression save bug, smoother Alien Hominid Splash Magic (when traveling over water), and various fixes and tweaks.

Find out more here. Thanks to Zenspath.com for the tip.

Comments

Re: Castle Crashers Pink Knight Downloads Benefit Keep A ...

Part of the same reason I wrote my own article is that I love to hear and show stories like this as an example that while we as gamers are viewed in a negative light by many people, we do things to try and make the world better in our own ways.  Between things like this, Childs Play, and many other game related / game created charities it makes me proud to be part of this community.

Trying to work with our local Microsoft/Xbox rep (he goes from store to store updating and fixing the demo units) in regards to setting up equipment for a few of the children's medical wings in some of the local hospitals. I wasn't aware that he had that part of his job working with the hospital along with the regional retailers, so I messaged him to see if I could help. Not the worlds biggest thing, but important none the less if we all take our own steps towards it.

Zen aka Jeremy Powers
Editor and Host of the Zenspath Podcast (now on iTunes)
www.ZensPath.com
XBL: "PsychoticZen" PSN: "Zenspath"
Nintendo Network: "Psychoticzen", 3DS: "3024-7965-4819

benohawkI've had no issues so far08/04/2015 - 6:45pm
MattsworknameSame here so far, minus some issues with a few old games, it's been solid for me. I do think they need to adjust some of the interface in the start menu, but I can work with it08/04/2015 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI like it, havent had any major issues.08/04/2015 - 5:45pm
MattsworknameSo, now t hta we have had time to mess with it, whats everyones view on windows 10?08/04/2015 - 5:43pm
james_fudgeNot I, said the fly.08/04/2015 - 4:31pm
Big PermAnyone use an Intel 750?08/04/2015 - 3:40pm
E. Zachary KnightSome great comments about gender diversity in game development from GDC Europe. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/250417/Women_in_the_game_industry_share_stories_of_improving_diversity.php08/04/2015 - 3:11pm
Sora-Chan@EZK: It's kind sad that kind of thing still occurs to this day (and for good reasons...)08/04/2015 - 2:33pm
E. Zachary KnightA woman author shares her experience submitting her manuscript to publishing agents under a man's name. http://jezebel.com/homme-de-plume-what-i-learned-sending-my-novel-out-und-172063762708/04/2015 - 1:21pm
james_fudgeme either. They are rolling it out in phases.08/04/2015 - 12:41pm
Big PermI haven't got my notification yet, even though I reserved it the day the pop up came.08/04/2015 - 12:27pm
james_fudgeThanks Matthew. I have not yet installed Windows 10, but the complaints about it have been minimal.08/04/2015 - 12:19pm
benohawkhttp://goo.gl/6yZ7EO suggests you can kill it all, but I haven't tested it on my system as of yet. And I wouldn't recommend digging in the registry or playing around withdisabling services for most users08/04/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonyes you can turn it off08/04/2015 - 12:15pm
james_fudgeCan you completely disable it though? I think you can minimize what it collects.08/04/2015 - 12:06pm
benohawkThe Win 10 data collection sounds scary, but I think it would be just too much data to be useful08/04/2015 - 11:57am
benohawkNo need to apologize Big Perm08/04/2015 - 11:55am
benohawkThe changing to 0 only being a 1 was local security policy change, not the reghack08/04/2015 - 11:49am
Big PermSorry Beno, it looks like you're right.08/04/2015 - 11:49am
Big PermFrom what I've heard (and obviously I could be wrong here), but I hear even setting it to "0" in the registry will only change to "1" or "Basic" collection. I'll try to find the article I got this from08/04/2015 - 11:40am