EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

August 30, 2011 -

Speaking to Eurogamer recently, EA Europe's top executive said that seeing future games on Valve's platform, despite recent disputes, is still a possibility.

"Never say never," said Jens Uwe Intat when asked by Eurogamer if EA could fully embrace Valve’s Steam platform again. "When we were talking about it's best for the consumer that competition is a good thing, for the consumer also choice is a good thing."

"Competition and choice go hand in hand. So the fact we will only distribute our own games on our own platform, I don't see that," he added.

The dispute between EA and Valve began earlier in the year when EA wanted to directly sell add-ons to its games sold through Steam. Valve did not want this. Because Valve saw this as a violation of Steam’s terms and conditions, it removed the games in question from its Steam Store.

For its part, Valve has softened its rhetoric concerning EA, with Game Newell even going so far as saying that Steam needs to convince EA that its platform is important for them and that it has value.

Source: Eurogamer by way of Develop

Comments

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

And yet ages ago they officially said that Star Wars: The Old Republic would only be available digitally through Origin. So where's the choice there?

---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

The BF2 trailers convinced me I want it but not selling it on steam probably means I won't be buying it.

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

How I read this: "Origin might tank. Who knows!?!"

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

One can always dream, for I wish Origin will tank too.

MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm