EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

August 30, 2011 -

Speaking to Eurogamer recently, EA Europe's top executive said that seeing future games on Valve's platform, despite recent disputes, is still a possibility.

"Never say never," said Jens Uwe Intat when asked by Eurogamer if EA could fully embrace Valve’s Steam platform again. "When we were talking about it's best for the consumer that competition is a good thing, for the consumer also choice is a good thing."

"Competition and choice go hand in hand. So the fact we will only distribute our own games on our own platform, I don't see that," he added.

The dispute between EA and Valve began earlier in the year when EA wanted to directly sell add-ons to its games sold through Steam. Valve did not want this. Because Valve saw this as a violation of Steam’s terms and conditions, it removed the games in question from its Steam Store.

For its part, Valve has softened its rhetoric concerning EA, with Game Newell even going so far as saying that Steam needs to convince EA that its platform is important for them and that it has value.

Source: Eurogamer by way of Develop

Comments

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

And yet ages ago they officially said that Star Wars: The Old Republic would only be available digitally through Origin. So where's the choice there?

---
I'm not under the affluence of incohol as some thinkle peep I am. I'm not half as thunk as you might drink. I fool so feelish I don't know who is me, and the drunker I stand here, the longer I get.

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

The BF2 trailers convinced me I want it but not selling it on steam probably means I won't be buying it.

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

How I read this: "Origin might tank. Who knows!?!"

Re: EA: 'Never Say Never' to EA Games Back on Steam

One can always dream, for I wish Origin will tank too.

WonderkarpSo Madlibs Demands? Fun game11/24/2014 - 6:01pm
Andrew EisenHackers hack Sony Pictures. Threaten to release data if their demands aren't met. Don't actually issue any demands. http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/24/sony-pictures-shut-down-by-hackers/11/24/2014 - 5:52pm
Wonderkarpi would watch that cause amc11/24/2014 - 5:06pm
MaskedPixelanteBreaking Bugs, new series now in development at AMC. A QA tester for a major game company loses his job when a game launches with major bugs and turns to cooking meth to get by.11/24/2014 - 5:03pm
WonderkarpStar Wars Spinoff is Heist Movie Maybe. Retcons Dark Forces http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/24/rumor-2016-star-wars-spin-off-film-is-a-heist-story11/24/2014 - 4:50pm
Wonderkarppersonally, I have no opinion other than the Ferguson Police used ridiculous amounts of force in that situation. Other than that, I wasnt there when it happened, I have zero idea what happened. so I cant say anything.11/24/2014 - 4:43pm
james_fudgeyeah :\11/24/2014 - 4:05pm
WonderkarpOh man. Grand Jury verdict coming from Ferguson11/24/2014 - 3:54pm
Wonderkarpits a nasty "Unable to locate DLC" bug, that affects PS4 owners because you cant redownload DLC without deleting your saved game. And the only way to play the game is to wipe your save. Hours wasted.11/24/2014 - 3:51pm
WonderkarpDay 7 of WWE 2k15's Game Breaking Bugs with no resolution. its as bad as the Halo Servers and Unity's Floating eyes/teeth11/24/2014 - 3:50pm
Wonderkarpgranted, looking for sage advice in youtune comments id like looking for ducks in a desert11/24/2014 - 3:34pm
Wonderkarpoh dearie me, im being harrased. wheres the colbert report when you need it! i need to plug my patreon because everything on the web is litterall11/24/2014 - 3:32pm
MonteEisen, Ya the 3D clone wars started out aweful, but it actually got really good in later seasons. Particularly AFTER Ahsoka grows up a bit and stops being annoying. I Liked how the series ended11/24/2014 - 3:23pm
Andrew EisenI rather liked First Class but while most thought Future Past was pretty good, the trailers made it look awful and I haven't seen it yet. Come to think of it, I've only seen X-Men 1 and 2 and First Class.11/24/2014 - 3:22pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57310 The biggest shock here is that Bryan Singer is still attatched to direct.11/24/2014 - 3:18pm
Andrew EisenI'm a third from the top. (I stole that joke from a play I did years ago.)11/24/2014 - 3:12pm
MechaCrashUnfortunately, it is not worth the hassle to make another account named "Time" so I can post "haha, of course not" as a shout, but let's pretend I did. For art. And bad comedy.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
MechaCrashWill our dear Mr. Hornets ever wonder why TvW videos have closed comments? Will he ask himself why anybody thought a GG blocklist needed to be made? Time will tell, my friends. Time will tell.11/24/2014 - 3:11pm
Wonderkarpwell i am a top. lol11/24/2014 - 3:10pm