Wanted: Lubbock Thieves Steal $13k in Video Game Merchandise

August 30, 2011 -

Law enforcement in Lubbock, Texas are on a manhunt for three suspects that they claim have stolen more than $13,000 in video game hardware from local Wal-Mart stores. The suspects allegedly stole Nintendo DS and DSI handheld games from the two local Walmarts (one at 1911 Marsha Sharp Freeway and another at 6315 82nd St).

The suspects are described as a white or Hispanic male, a Hispanic male, and a white or Hispanic woman. They were last seen driving away from the scene in a "black SUV, possibly a Chevrolet Trailblazer or Jeep Cherokee."

How they could possibly steal that much merchandise without hijacking several trucks is beyond my comprehension (perhaps an inside job?), but police aren't revealing details of the crime at this time.

Naturally Lubbock police are looking for anyone with information about the crime to call the local Crime Line at 741-1000, submit tips online at www.lubbockpolice.com or text a tip to 274637 (CRIMES - for text, include the keyword “LBKTIPS” at the beginning of the message followed by a space). All tips remain anonymous.

Source: Lubbock Avalanche Journal

Posted in

Comments

Re: Wanted: Lubbock Thieves Steal $13k in Video Game Merchandise

This is kind of off topic, but still slightly related.

I was browsing through the video game listings on Craigslist last week and I cam across an add for 150 PS2 games. Someone was selling a bulk lot. They had a picture of the games all tossed out on a bed or sofa or something. They were all in yellow and white paper sleeves with round windows. Each had a little yellow or white rectangular sticker in the corner.

I used to work at EB Games and have seen how Gamestop stores their gutted games. This picture immediately reminded me of that and made me question the source of the games.

I tried looking for any police reports in the area of missing games from a GameStop but to no avail. Still makes me wonder.

Re: Wanted: Lubbock Thieves Steal $13k in Video Game Merchandise

yup, sounds exactly like old school EB Guts. Yellow for pre-owned :)

Re: Wanted: Lubbock Thieves Steal $13k in Video Game Merchandise

"How they could possibly steal that much merchandise without hijacking several trucks is beyond my comprehension..."

At $150 each, $13k of DSi handhelds would be about 87 units.  That's about 40 lbs and a volume of four-and-a-half square feet.  Wouldn't exactly require several trucks but James is right, how that hell did three people manage to smuggle that much merchandise out of the store?  That's about 30 boxes a piece.  I suppose they could have stolen backstock.  Might be 30 to a box back there.

Andrew Eisen

Goth_Skunk@Cheater: If I were an Australian consumer, there's no way I'd be returning it.01/26/2015 - 10:43pm
Cheater87Ooops http://stevivor.com/2015/01/ps4-copies-saints-row-iv-re-elected-undergoing-product-recall-australia/01/26/2015 - 10:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, well I've passed the request along.01/26/2015 - 9:03pm
ZippyDSMleeI loath itunes..........01/26/2015 - 9:02pm
Goth_SkunkUNLESS you haven't downloaded the most 3 recent episodes. Then it cancels your subscription automatically.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Goth_Skunk@AE: No. iTunes instead just downloads it automatically, provided you've set it up to do so in your preferences.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Andrew EisenAnyone know if iTunes sends email notifications when there's a new episode of a podcast you're subscribed to?01/26/2015 - 8:30pm
ZippyDSMleeAck!! Sorry lack of spell checker means I more incoherent than ever :P, Sign up for email notification thing for the pod cast. Probly more trouble than its worth, I guess I will have to check the site more often ><01/26/2015 - 8:22pm
Andrew EisenWhat is a "sign u email thing"? We provide a direct download link to the show every week. The video version is on my YouTube channel. You can use our RSS feed to add it to a news reader. You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes.01/26/2015 - 6:48pm
ZippyDSMleeMmm you guys ever thought about doing a sign u email thing for the pod cast? If I can click a direct link to downlaod it to toss in all daily podcast listening I might listen to it more than randomly forgtting its on here 0-o01/26/2015 - 6:37pm
prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm
Wonderkarpthats cute. I Like Ms Marvel(hate her powerset). Whomever is doing this? Good Job01/26/2015 - 4:49pm
E. Zachary KnightHahahahahahaha! http://toybox.io9.com/islamaphobic-bus-ads-in-san-francisco-are-being-defaced-1681857271/+charliejane01/26/2015 - 4:24pm
WonderkarpI saw that. Celebrity wing.01/26/2015 - 3:00pm
BearDogg-XArnold Schwarzenegger is being inducted into WWE Hall of Fame, reports TMZ.01/26/2015 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm