Resistance 3 Invades London's Theater Scene with Punchdrunk

August 31, 2011 -

London's theater world is apparently about to get a taste of video game culture thanks to Sony, Resistance 3 and London theater group Punchdrunk. Running September 1, through Sunday, Punchdrunk performs "…And Darkness Descended," an "interactive theater experience based on the game Resistance 3, where participants must survive, by cooperating against alien invaders (or not cooperating, as the case may be). Punchdrunk is keen on performing in a way that encourages lots of audience participation and this particular performance should be no exception. Think of it as improv with faux alien invaders trying to vaporize you..

"…And Darkness Descended" takes place September 1 - 4 in Waterloo Station Arches. As we already mentioned participants will become part of the performance. The longer they survive, the more they will get to see. While tickets for the event were free, chances are that all of the performances have been sold out.

On a related note, Sony sent out a note this afternoon to PlayStation Network members that the multiplayer beta for Resistance 3 was available for download..

Source: The National