Women in Games Jobs announced that its inaugural European Women in Games Hall of Fame awards will be launched at the European Women in Games Conference taking place on September 22 at the NH Harrington Hall Hotel in London, England. The awards are sponsored by Electronic Arts and honor the contributions of women to the European game industry. Women in Games Jobs (WIGJ) is a not-for-profit company that works to recruit more women into the games industry by promoting role models and giving encouragement and information.
Nominees for the inaugural Hall of Fame award in 2011 are:
- Dr. Linda Breitlauch, Professor of Games Design, Media Design University of Applies Sciences
- Frederique Doumic, CEO at OUAT Entertainment
- Louise Murray, Head of Fable Franchise at Lionhead Studios
- Siobhan Reddy, Studio Director at Media Molecule
- Fiona Sperry, Studio Director and VP, Criterion Games
Organizers say that over 80 women have registered for this event so far. If you are a woman seeking to further your career or fly headlong into the video games industry, you might want to grab a ticket. For more information, check out this event page.