West and Zampella v. Activision Gets Trial Date

September 12, 2011 -

Infinity Ward founders Jason West and Vincent Zampella finally have a trial date in their long-running lawsuit with Activision. Their court battle with Activision over royalties allegedly owed from the Call of Duty series is set to go before a judge in Los Angeles on May 7, 2012.

"I’m really looking forward to having our day in Court," said Zampella in conversation with Forbes.

Zampella and West founded a new studio, Respawn Entertainment, in 2010, signed a deal with EA, and have hired over 60 employees.

“We have new and exciting creativity and development going on at Respawn, to be announced in the future,” said West.

A month after being fired for allegedly having dealings with Activision rival Electronic Arts, West and Zampella decided to sue Activision for $125 million in royalties that they claim they are owed from sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Activision was quick to counter-sue West and Zampella and Electronic Arts for $400 million, claiming that EA colluded with Creative Artists Agency to hire the duo away from Infinity Ward.

Zampella will make his first public appearance since co-founding Respawn at the Los Angeles 3D Gaming and Beyond Summit at Hollywood and Highland on September 22. He'll be delivering the keynote address.

Source: Forbes

Comments

Re: West and Zampella v. Activision Gets Trial Date

Go West and Zampella! Rooting for ya!

Re: West and Zampella v. Activision Gets Trial Date

No, it's not a crime at all, nor is it a crime for one to seek better employment, giving the treatment they were getting from Activision.

Re: West and Zampella v. Activision Gets Trial Date

I don't even think conflicts of interest are illegal, are they?

Re: West and Zampella v. Activision Gets Trial Date

i may be wrong on this but i don't think highering away people from your work place is a crime?

---

am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar-

Poll