GameStop Launches iOS Device Trade-In Program

September 13, 2011 -

As we reported last week, GameStop has launched an iOS device trade-in program that allows consumers to trade in their old iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mini, Shuffle, or Nano devices for in-store credit. GameStop is not saying how much they'll pay for each system, but they are saying what condition it has to be in order for consumers to sell it to them. The company said that it will not accept iOS devices in with the following issues:

- iPod, iPhone or iPad devices with dents, severe scratches or personal engravings on the casing.

- iPod, iPhone or iPad devices with cracked or severely scratched screens.

- iPod, iPhone or iPad devices that are defective, will not power on OR which the screen is not readable.

- iPod, iPhone or iPad devices with water damage.

What GameStop has not revealed is what the company is doing with all these iOS devices. Will it refurbish and resell them back to consumers? Do they have a deal with a vendor that deals in refurbishment and resale like Best Buy? We have no idea.

While we do not know what they will pay for a trade-in, the company claims that an iOS device VALUE IS "significantly higher than typical game trade-ins."

You can check out the official trade-in page here.

Comments

Re: GameStop Launches iOS Device Trade-In Program

Yeah, so far, Gamestop is giving pretty decent trade values for iStuff from what I've seen, especially compared to regular consoles. You can get up to $300 for a 64 GB iPad 2, evidently.

Re: GameStop Launches iOS Device Trade-In Program

i got $80 for my i-pod 20gb clasic and 25 for my  nanno (not sure the  gen but it was befor the wider screans) so that to me was a good deal.

---

am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar-

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm