Nick Chester Leaves Destructoid to Join Harmonix

September 16, 2011 -

Destructoid's Nick Chester has left the building to dance his pants off at a new gig. In an open letter to the community Chester announced that he would be leaving the popular web site to become a publicist for Cambridge, Ma.-based music game giant Harmonix. Here's some of what Chester had to say to the Destructoid community:

"With nearly five years of some of the best times of my life under my belt, I can't seem remember a time when I wasn't on this crazy Destructoid train. So this is going to be weird to type: as this month comes to a close, I will be putting my time with Destructoid behind me. I'll be passing my Editor-in-Chief hat to Dale North, who is not only a good friend of mine, but more than capable of steering this rowdy ship into the amazing new territory ahead.

So what's next for me? In just two weeks, I will be uprooting my family and life from Baltimore to Boston. On October 3, I'll step into the offices of Harmonix in Cambridge, MA where I've accepted a publicist position.

While this is new and exciting territory for me, it wasn't an easy decision to make. My time with Destructoid has offered me experiences and opportunities I at one time could have only dreamed of. I've worked with some of the brightest, most passionate, and talented writers, all of which have become family. I couldn't have done any of this without them; they're the wind beneath my wings and all that.

Destructoid's enthusiastic, tight-knit community has no peer -- you've all been incredible throughout the years, and I can't thank you enough for your support. Keep doing your thing; you're amazing."

We wish him all the best in his new job serving his dark overlords at Harmonix who will force him to play Dance Central 2 until his pants literally come off. Seriously though, we wish him all the best.

Source: Destructoid

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm