Nick Chester Leaves Destructoid to Join Harmonix

September 16, 2011 -

Destructoid's Nick Chester has left the building to dance his pants off at a new gig. In an open letter to the community Chester announced that he would be leaving the popular web site to become a publicist for Cambridge, Ma.-based music game giant Harmonix. Here's some of what Chester had to say to the Destructoid community:

"With nearly five years of some of the best times of my life under my belt, I can't seem remember a time when I wasn't on this crazy Destructoid train. So this is going to be weird to type: as this month comes to a close, I will be putting my time with Destructoid behind me. I'll be passing my Editor-in-Chief hat to Dale North, who is not only a good friend of mine, but more than capable of steering this rowdy ship into the amazing new territory ahead.

So what's next for me? In just two weeks, I will be uprooting my family and life from Baltimore to Boston. On October 3, I'll step into the offices of Harmonix in Cambridge, MA where I've accepted a publicist position.

While this is new and exciting territory for me, it wasn't an easy decision to make. My time with Destructoid has offered me experiences and opportunities I at one time could have only dreamed of. I've worked with some of the brightest, most passionate, and talented writers, all of which have become family. I couldn't have done any of this without them; they're the wind beneath my wings and all that.

Destructoid's enthusiastic, tight-knit community has no peer -- you've all been incredible throughout the years, and I can't thank you enough for your support. Keep doing your thing; you're amazing."

We wish him all the best in his new job serving his dark overlords at Harmonix who will force him to play Dance Central 2 until his pants literally come off. Seriously though, we wish him all the best.

Source: Destructoid

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonsuprisingly, there has not been the negative reaction I was expecting.08/27/2015 - 12:13pm
Andrew EisenWe should devote a segment to R. Mika's costume on the podcast. It'll be great!08/27/2015 - 11:40am
Andrew EisenMatt - So... who is the producer of the video you linked?08/27/2015 - 11:15am
ZippyDSMleeAnd its not as bad as rumble roses :P08/27/2015 - 11:14am
ZippyDSMleeE. Zachary Knight: I dunno wrestling is about spectacle nd bad costumes are part and parcel of it..08/27/2015 - 11:13am
Big PermThis costume is amazing. Praise it08/27/2015 - 10:59am
E. Zachary KnightOh wow. This costume is obnoxious. Why? The character and moves are cool but man that costume. Ugh. http://kotaku.com/r-mika-and-her-ridiculous-outfit-join-street-fighter-v-172692528208/27/2015 - 10:56am
Big PermHe leveled up08/27/2015 - 8:24am
black mantaBrad Bushman's back again, saying how the WDBJ shooter's use of a body camera made it look like an FPS. http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/08/27/435076699/why-shooters-record-themselves-in-the-act08/27/2015 - 8:01am