More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

September 20, 2011 -
In Andrew Eisen's latest video he actually may go bonkers as he contemplates another Legend of Zelda game offering "more than one hundred hours of gameplay." He illustrates the point with Wind Waker. On a personal note, a hundred hours is a drop in the bucket when you are playing Disgaea 4..

Comments

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Ok, I found the exaggeration here really weak. TO me anyone complaining has been spoiled too much by quick travel and auto saves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Nintendo is terrible; clearly any overworld travel in any of their games should be balls-to-the-wall action all of the time. They should have gotten Irem to make sailing in the Wind Waker in to a bullet hell shooter -- preferably with pixel perfect hitboxes. Then you'd never be bored roaming from dungeon to dungeon! IF MY ADRENALINE ISN'T PUMPING, I'M NOT HAVING FUN!

Wait -- no, wait, that's retarded. I can't be the only person who did not find the Wind Waker's sailing tedious. By the time it started to feel overly repetitive, they started dumping all sorts of hazards in the ocean, and then let you teleport around without much trouble. Sailing was not more boring to me than, say, running around on foot or horseback for hours in Twilight Princess, and Quick Travel is a terrible alternative since it removes a lot of that 'Adventure' component from a series built on... uh, adventure.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

I found the sailing pretty relaxing myself when I was able to just glide along the waves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Yeah, I actually found sailing to be fun, and even a bit overwhelming at the time (I was 13) because I never had so much liberty with where I could go explore.

Living in Canada is awesome. We enjoy the universal healthcare and gun-free environment of a European country while getting all of our games released at the same time as the US.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Additonally, moreso with wind waker than twilight princess, the environments  were so great that I always took way longer to get places as I explored all the little nooks, crannies, and islands. I enjoy the travel, and like a break between searching for keys.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Agreed. I find the sailing portion of Wind Waker to be quite fun and a good change of pace from normal dungeon crawling. I even got to the point that encounters with sharks and pirates frustrated me as I just wanted to sail around.

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

Craig R.Have the GamerGate mouthbreathers left yet?09/16/2014 - 7:56pm
prh99Right up to the Bell Gargoyles.09/16/2014 - 7:05pm
james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am