More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

September 20, 2011 -
In Andrew Eisen's latest video he actually may go bonkers as he contemplates another Legend of Zelda game offering "more than one hundred hours of gameplay." He illustrates the point with Wind Waker. On a personal note, a hundred hours is a drop in the bucket when you are playing Disgaea 4..

Comments

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Ok, I found the exaggeration here really weak. TO me anyone complaining has been spoiled too much by quick travel and auto saves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Nintendo is terrible; clearly any overworld travel in any of their games should be balls-to-the-wall action all of the time. They should have gotten Irem to make sailing in the Wind Waker in to a bullet hell shooter -- preferably with pixel perfect hitboxes. Then you'd never be bored roaming from dungeon to dungeon! IF MY ADRENALINE ISN'T PUMPING, I'M NOT HAVING FUN!

Wait -- no, wait, that's retarded. I can't be the only person who did not find the Wind Waker's sailing tedious. By the time it started to feel overly repetitive, they started dumping all sorts of hazards in the ocean, and then let you teleport around without much trouble. Sailing was not more boring to me than, say, running around on foot or horseback for hours in Twilight Princess, and Quick Travel is a terrible alternative since it removes a lot of that 'Adventure' component from a series built on... uh, adventure.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

I found the sailing pretty relaxing myself when I was able to just glide along the waves.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Yeah, I actually found sailing to be fun, and even a bit overwhelming at the time (I was 13) because I never had so much liberty with where I could go explore.

Living in Canada is awesome. We enjoy the universal healthcare and gun-free environment of a European country while getting all of our games released at the same time as the US.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Additonally, moreso with wind waker than twilight princess, the environments  were so great that I always took way longer to get places as I explored all the little nooks, crannies, and islands. I enjoy the travel, and like a break between searching for keys.

-Austin from Oregon

Feel free to check out my blog.

Re: More Than One-Hundred Hours?!?

Agreed. I find the sailing portion of Wind Waker to be quite fun and a good change of pace from normal dungeon crawling. I even got to the point that encounters with sharks and pirates frustrated me as I just wanted to sail around.

Poll

Is King right? Should all games adopt the free-to-play model?:

Matthew Wilsonit is a game worth playing if you have a pc/360/ps304/20/2014 - 9:34pm
MaskedPixelantehttps://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/457552538343325696 The Lutece Twins show up in some of the most unlikely of places.04/20/2014 - 2:44pm
Andrew EisenAs it happens, Chinatown Wars is the only GTA game I've played.04/19/2014 - 10:43am
Papa MidnightWith GTA5 (to date) failing to even provide indication of a PC release, I'm realising that this might be the first GTA game that I have not played (outside of Chinatown Wars) since the series inception.04/19/2014 - 8:14am
IanCSo im guessing a bunch of edutainment games, which a lot of people elsewhere are going gaga over, dot count as classics? Okay. If you don't mind me, i have a sudden urge to play Putt Putt....04/19/2014 - 6:15am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/18/playstation-99-cent-sale-discounts-tokyo-jungle-super-stardust/ Weekend long PSN flash sale. So much stuff is 99 cents for the rest of the weekend.04/18/2014 - 5:59pm
Adam802http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/18/5627928/newtown-video-game-addiction-forum04/18/2014 - 4:14pm
Matthew Wilsonit is a video talking about why certain games/products/consoles do well, and others do not. he back it up with solid research.04/18/2014 - 3:56pm
Andrew EisenI'm not keen on blind links. What is it?04/18/2014 - 3:45pm
Matthew Wilsonthis is worth a whatch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXcr6sDRtw&list=PL35FE5C4B157509C904/18/2014 - 3:43pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 3: Night Dive was brought to the attention of the public by a massive game recovery, and yet most of their released catalogue consists of games that other people did the hard work of getting re-released.04/17/2014 - 8:46pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 2: If Humongous Entertainment wanted their stuff on Steam, why didn't they talk to their parent company, which does have a number of games published on Steam?04/17/2014 - 8:45pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 1: When Night Dive spent the better part of a year teasing the return of true classics, having their big content dump be edutainment is kind of a kick in the stomach.04/17/2014 - 8:44pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.giantbomb.com/articles/jeff-gerstmann-heads-to-new-york-takes-questions/1100-4900/ He talks about the future games press and the games industry. It is worth your time even though it is a bit long, and stay for the QA. There are some good QA04/17/2014 - 5:28pm
IanCErm so they shouldn't sell edutainment at all? Why?04/17/2014 - 4:42pm
MaskedPixelanteNot that linkable, go onto Steam and there's stuff like Pajama Sam on the front-page, courtesy of Night Dive.04/17/2014 - 4:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, again, please, please, PLEASE get in a habit of linking to whatever you're talking about.04/17/2014 - 4:05pm
MaskedPixelanteAnother round of Night Dive teasing and promising turns out to be stupid edutainment games. Thanks for wasting all our time, guys. See you never.04/17/2014 - 3:44pm
Matthew WilsonAgain the consequences were not only foreseeable, but very likely. anyone who understood supply demand curvs knew that was going to happen. SF has been a econ/trade hub for the last hundred years.04/17/2014 - 2:45pm
Andrew EisenMixedPixelante - Would you like to expand on that?04/17/2014 - 2:43pm