Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

September 20, 2011 -

How long would you wait for your favorite video game to be released? Four hours? Eight hours? How about 29 hours? That's how long one man waited in Singapore to get his hands on his copy of Gears of War 3 on Monday. Nanyang Polytechnic student William Ten sat at the Funan DigitalLife Mall on Monday so he could be the first gamer in Singapore to own the latest game from Epic Games and Microsoft. Despite the wait the 22-year-old was in good spirits and good health thanks to his family members who made sure he was okay. The local launch event drew more than 1000 fans.

"I feel great, Ten told local new media after getting the game. "I've been playing from 'Gears of War' till now. I am a huge fan of it. Previously 'Gears of War' and 'Gears of War 2' didn't have any official kind of launch. This one is the final episode and they have a big event so I definitely had to come."

Ten said that he has cleared his schedule for the week to play the game.

"No more going out for the week, just 'Gears'!" he added.

Besides his friends, Ten credits his mother and sister - who are also video game players - with helping him make it through the 29-hour wait.

"My mother and sister play as well. My mother came to accompany me while I queued," said Ten.

Ten's mother was apparently not the only helpful mom: 65-year-old Florence Phua patiently waited in line for hours to get a pre-ordered copy of the game for her son.

"I'm collecting the game for my son. He is in his 30s. "He is not free, he is working today," said Mdm Phua.

She waited five hours before she received her copy of the game.

Source: Channel News Asia

Comments

Re: Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

He made Singaporeans looked like brainless idiots.

Re: Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

I've never waited for a game, but I did wait 24 hrs outside of Best Buy in December waiting for a shipment of 360s to get in.

Re: Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

I think this is the first time i have heard someone use the word "queu" outside of WoW.

Re: Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

Visit England some time. Queuing is our second favorite past time (we like complaining more - mostly about Johnny Foreigner not knowing how to queue).

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. Benjamin Franklin

Re: Singapore Man Waits 29 Hours for Gears of War 3

It's "queue", btw, from the French. It means tail in French.

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm