Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

September 26, 2011 -

When the zombie apocalypse comes, undergarments are optional. A player who obviously has too much time on his hands noticed that one of the characters in Dead Island - Xian - forgot to put her panties on. He created a ridiculously long video that rambles on for a well over a minute before showing (after the 1:55 mark) the character’s freshly shorn ..squirrel.

Obviously this was yet another secret put in the game by one of its developers, and depending on your perspective, it could be considered offensive. One thing is for sure - it wasn't detailed by the ESRB because the game contains no descriptors for nudity. Still, it’s a minor moment in a game filled to the brim with violence and that is rated Mature..

You can check out the video here. It's NSFW and obviously not meant for children.

Thanks to RedMage for pointing out the link in the ShoutBox.

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

tbh when i saw her downed, or any other character, it looked like warped and missing parts of the model were there.

this stuff looks edited, and tbh the model's in game probably can't even support a proper crotch.

the area between the legs are terribly low in trangles and the skin is just badly stretched and ugly.

once more the media, and some pervs, are really blowing stuff outta proportion.

and i'm not the only one who sees differantly.

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

"It's not NSFW and obviously not meant for children."

Um...  So it's "not Not Safe For Work"?  Um....

Nightwng2000 NW2K Software http://www.facebook.com/nightwing2000 Nightwng2000 is now admin to the group "Parents For Education, Not Legislation" on MySpace as http://groups.myspace.com/pfenl

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

So the question is; will this force a recall of the game so that retailers can stick on a AO rating? Or is that only for Rockstar games?

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

Probably not. Brief partial nudity is acceptable in R movies, so logically a M game should be okay. Rockstar's recall was more of an explict sexual content which is an automatic Adult rating.

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

You keep forgetting that we still have the "video games are toys and therefore for children" mentality of some people.

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

Yeah, I doubt like hell people are going to get aroused over zombie poon.

Re: Underwear Optional: Nudity in Dead Island

That's because everyone knows zombies make terrible lovers.  They only want you for your brains.

===============

Chris Kimberley

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am