Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After Numerous User Complaints

September 27, 2011 -

According to Game, Set, Watch, online retailer Amazon has stopped taking orders for the Atlus game, Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Apparently customer complaints over damaged product reached a point where Amazon took notice. The company said that it would halt its offering of the game "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here."

The problem, according to customers speaking out on the Atlus forums, was because Amazon was shipping the game in a padded envelope, which allowed the packing for the game to take a lot of damage. This may sound like a minor thing to some, but Persona is a popular series with an enthusiastic and dedicated fan base, many of whom buy these games simply to add to their collection. If that doesn’t make sense to you simply pretend this is a story about Collector’s Editions of Gears of War, Madden, or Call of Duty…

GSW also points out that third-party resellers on Amazon have decided to take advantage of the situation by jacking the price of the game up. For now, existing orders through Amazon are on hold until the company figures out if it was their stock of the game or shipping issues that caused all the trouble.

Source: Game, Set, Watch

Comments

Re: Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After ...

I got mine from Gamestop, and it's pristine. Funny, that.

Re: Amazon Halts Persona 2: Innocent Sin Shipments After ...

Whew, glad I got mine and it is in perfect shape too.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm