RAGE PC Problems Mar Launch

October 6, 2011 -

RAGE may represent the first original IP for id Software since 1996, but the PC version of the game has been marred with so many technical issues that many critics are saying that the game could have used months of additional development and play testing. Those comments are not isolated to the PC version either (long load times are a serious issue with the PS3 version from what I've been told). The game launched earlier this week on various platforms including the PC. Out of the gate PC users noticed some serious issue with the game such as screen tearing and texture issues. Obviously id Software is trying to deal with the problems, but first impressions for a new IP are of paramount importance.

Posting on the Bethesda Blog, id acknowledged that the PC version of the game had issues, and said that it was working to resolving them as quickly as possible. The company also noted that the original RAGE driver update for AMD cards was having "issues" and should not be used.

Later the company announced via its Twitter account that updates for two graphics card had been released:

"If you have an AMD/ATI graphics card, the new RAGE Catalyst drivers are out! BE SURE to grab them immediately."

An update for Nvidia graphics cards is in the works and will be available soon.

Source: GameSpy

Comments

Re: RAGE PC Problems Mar Launch

It is a modern tendency to release the game while it is still in development. We don't get full "GOLD" games, all we get are betas, some time broken betas.

Re: RAGE PC Problems Mar Launch

Goonies? What about Forbidden Planet?

Anyway this is one of the many reasons I do not buy games much anymore.

---