Piracy Rate of Facefighter for Android 2330 percent Higher Than iOS Version

October 11, 2011 -

Android piracy rates for Appy Entertainment’s Facefighter game app were 2,330 percent higher than on the iOS version of its game, according to studio exec Steven Sargent. The Appy exec said the developer also had problems with the compatibility of smartphones, with the first customer complaint coming within hours of FaceFighter’s release.

"The piracy rate on Android was 70 to 1 compared to 3 to 1 on iOS," Sargent said. "That's crippling. There are too many devices for a company of our size to deal with the compatibility on Android. Compatibility was a real nightmare."

He added the studio had to “brute force textures to 25 percent just to get the game to run” and that the audio was so buggy “we couldn’t work out how to fix it, so we didn’t.”

Despite the high piracy rate, Appy recently announced 10 million downloads across all of its games.

Source: Develop

Comments

Re: Piracy Rate of Facefighter for Android 2330 percent ...

With that kind of attitude, iOS can have you.  Don't let the door hit your ass.

Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm