Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

October 12, 2011 -

A Zelda iOS game has made it on to iTunes. No, Nintendo has not succumbed to the madness of investors and analysts who think the company should put its marquee titles on Apple platforms. Nintendo has no idea (chances are they do as of now) that a game called Ultimate iZelda Climb even exists. But it does. Ultimate iZelda Climb, available now on iTunes for $.99, "borrows" the likeness of Windwaker's Link, who hops from one random floating island to another. Oh joy, oh rapture. The creator of the game also stole some fan art from Deviant artist Kevin Keele to use as a loading screen.

Ultimate iZelda Climb is the latest in a series of games that steal from popular games. They are created by Scott Avy's Audio Attack. Other games he's stolen from include World of Warcraft, Modern Warfare 3, and Hello Kitty.

One has to wonder who at Apple isn't catching these games and letting them be sold on its virtual storefront...

Source: Kotaku

Comments

Re: Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

We did this like two weeks ago with a fake Ninja Turtles game. Is Apple trying to get sued?

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Re: Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

Couldn't be worse than the CD-i games...could it?

Re: Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

No. NOTHING could be worse than the CD-i games. It's the principle of the matter.

Re: Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

I've downloaded it quick before ninty gets it pulled. Now the dude's worth 3 cents.

Re: Zelda on iTunes, But Not From Nintendo

This is an outrage. I hope Nintendo sues this guy for all he's worth. Both cents of it.

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm