iPhone 4S Breaks Sales Records

October 17, 2011 -

Apple announced today that its latest phone, the iPhone 4S, has broken sales records, with its latest offering enjoying 4 million in sales in its first weekend at retail. Apple started taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4S in the US, Canada, Australia, UK, France, Germany, and Japan on October 7. On the first day of pre-orders, over 1 million customers reserved the device for its October 14 delivery date. The iPhone 4S launched on Friday.

"iPhone 4S is off to a great start with more than four million sold in its first weekend—the most ever for a phone and more than double the iPhone 4 launch during its first three days," said Apple SVP of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller in a statement released today. He also called the iPhone 4S "the best iPhone ever."

Apple says that the iPhone 4S will go on sale in 22 more countries on October 28, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. By year's end, it should be available in more than 70 countries.

Source: Ars Technica

Posted in

Comments

Re: iPhone 4S Breaks Sales Records

Releasing on more carriers = available to more people = more sales.  Gosh, what a stunning result!  Kinda shows how retarded it was for them to limit themselves to a single carrier in the first place.  But, Apple seems to neurotically need absolute control over everything, so it makes sense from that twisted mindset.

Poll