D.C. Man Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Robbing GameStop

October 18, 2011 -

The U.S. Attorney's office announced that a 29-year-old man from Washington D.C. has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for his part in an armed robbery of an Oxen Hill, Maryland GameStop. Terrence Terrell Conner was sentenced on Monday for "obstructing commerce by robbery" and "using a firearm during a violent crime." Conner pled guilty to all charges for a lighter sentence.

The 12 year stretch in prison is the result of a December 23, 2008 robbery. Conner acknowledged in court that on that date he and two other accomplices entered the GameStop store in Oxen Hill, Maryland brandishing handguns and demanding money. One of the men fired a gun into the floor before Conner and company fled the scene with more than $7,400. Police later recovered one of Conner's shoes from the scene as well as his fingerprints from one of the stolen consoles.

Source: Washington Post