Eight Million Players Took Part in Battlefield 3 MP Beta Test

October 18, 2011 -

EA's studio DICE has released some interesting stats from its recent Battlefield 3 online multiplayer beta test that are worth mentioning. According to DICE's internal figures, around 8,125,310 players took part in the multiplayer beta test. In fact DICE even counted how many bullets were shot during the entire test! Players fired a total of 47 billion bullets and killed 1.5 billion other players. Around 19 million of those players were killed with a knife, while an additional 21 million COM-stations were destroyed.

Finally, 2.2 billion hit points were regenerated during the entire beta season, and the longest sniper kill traveled a total distance of 635.6 metres. Interesting stuff for sure.

Battlefield 3 will be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in the North America on October 25, and in the UK on October 28. It will face stiff competition when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out in November, but 8 million beta players is a pretty good indicator that the game will do pretty well when it is finally released. On a related note, the single-player portion of the game has been leaked onto Torrent sites, according to multiple published reports.

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Eight Million Players Took Part in Battlefield 3 MP ...

Why didn't they release individual stats for each platform? I would be really interested in that.

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am