Eight Million Players Took Part in Battlefield 3 MP Beta Test

October 18, 2011 -

EA's studio DICE has released some interesting stats from its recent Battlefield 3 online multiplayer beta test that are worth mentioning. According to DICE's internal figures, around 8,125,310 players took part in the multiplayer beta test. In fact DICE even counted how many bullets were shot during the entire test! Players fired a total of 47 billion bullets and killed 1.5 billion other players. Around 19 million of those players were killed with a knife, while an additional 21 million COM-stations were destroyed.

Finally, 2.2 billion hit points were regenerated during the entire beta season, and the longest sniper kill traveled a total distance of 635.6 metres. Interesting stuff for sure.

Battlefield 3 will be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in the North America on October 25, and in the UK on October 28. It will face stiff competition when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out in November, but 8 million beta players is a pretty good indicator that the game will do pretty well when it is finally released. On a related note, the single-player portion of the game has been leaked onto Torrent sites, according to multiple published reports.

Source: MCV

Comments

Re: Eight Million Players Took Part in Battlefield 3 MP ...

Why didn't they release individual stats for each platform? I would be really interested in that.

-----------------------------------------

Managing Editor at TheBestGameSiteEver.com

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm