DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

October 21, 2011 -

Dueling reports on the future of Doom 4 make for an interesting morning. In one report from Kotaku, an "anonymous source" tells the publication that because Rage performed so poorly, id Software's next big title in the Doom series had been delayed. The anonymous source went on to say that Bethesda and its parent company Zenimax held a "company-wide meeting" in Dallas, where the decision was finally made. Finally, the source claimed that there was “a serious lack of confidence in the project management at id."

Not so fast, says Bethesda PR frontman, Peter Hines. Taking to Twitter, Hines called the report "complete bollocks."

"Re: DOOM 4 rumor, games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed – indefinitely or otherwise," tweeted Hines.

Later Kotaku updated its story with further comments from Hines, who said the following:

"We don't comment on unannounced games and DOOM 4 hasn't been announced (though I appreciate that id has previously referenced DOOM 4)," Hines said. "Games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed – indefinitely or otherwise."

Sources: Develop, Kotaku, The Escapist

Comments

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Great read about the DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed,.

Boot camp

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Considering their history I'd say there is a good chance of them being very successful with 4. I own both doom 3 and rage which are both excellent games. They may not have the best of storylines and have poor multiplayer when compared to games like gears but they are still very enjoyable and I can not wait for them to release the next doom.

Was intended to be a reply to zippy's post.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

True but I found DOOM3,Quake 4, Quake wars and wolfenstine to be subpar, wolfenstine was the only one that was enjoyable for me. I hope they learn something from the other games lack of sells and make DOOM 4 with more effort and depth than the games mentioned. Also whats helping rage is its more open world than a flat corridor shooter. All in all I want more to DOOM 4 not less but at the end of the day I feel it will be just another mediocre AAA game.

---

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Eh, Let's hope for the best then. I'm waiting to see the first build. I am kinda hoping it'll be like Doom 2, and using Rage's open world.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

As generic as rage is and as bad as DOOM 3 was they can keep DOOM 4 postponed indefinitely for all I care.

---

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Good idea, condemn a game before we know anything about it.

The next Halo will suck because a new studio is making it.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

KILL IT DEAD KILL IT WITH FIRE KILL IT NOW!

ID and affiltes track record has been crappy for the last half dozen or so years, best to kill it now than try and "unsee" it later!

---

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm