DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

October 21, 2011 -

Dueling reports on the future of Doom 4 make for an interesting morning. In one report from Kotaku, an "anonymous source" tells the publication that because Rage performed so poorly, id Software's next big title in the Doom series had been delayed. The anonymous source went on to say that Bethesda and its parent company Zenimax held a "company-wide meeting" in Dallas, where the decision was finally made. Finally, the source claimed that there was “a serious lack of confidence in the project management at id."

Not so fast, says Bethesda PR frontman, Peter Hines. Taking to Twitter, Hines called the report "complete bollocks."

"Re: DOOM 4 rumor, games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed – indefinitely or otherwise," tweeted Hines.

Later Kotaku updated its story with further comments from Hines, who said the following:

"We don't comment on unannounced games and DOOM 4 hasn't been announced (though I appreciate that id has previously referenced DOOM 4)," Hines said. "Games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed – indefinitely or otherwise."

Sources: Develop, Kotaku, The Escapist

Comments

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Great read about the DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed,.

Boot camp

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Considering their history I'd say there is a good chance of them being very successful with 4. I own both doom 3 and rage which are both excellent games. They may not have the best of storylines and have poor multiplayer when compared to games like gears but they are still very enjoyable and I can not wait for them to release the next doom.

Was intended to be a reply to zippy's post.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

True but I found DOOM3,Quake 4, Quake wars and wolfenstine to be subpar, wolfenstine was the only one that was enjoyable for me. I hope they learn something from the other games lack of sells and make DOOM 4 with more effort and depth than the games mentioned. Also whats helping rage is its more open world than a flat corridor shooter. All in all I want more to DOOM 4 not less but at the end of the day I feel it will be just another mediocre AAA game.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Eh, Let's hope for the best then. I'm waiting to see the first build. I am kinda hoping it'll be like Doom 2, and using Rage's open world.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

As generic as rage is and as bad as DOOM 3 was they can keep DOOM 4 postponed indefinitely for all I care.

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

Good idea, condemn a game before we know anything about it.

The next Halo will suck because a new studio is making it.

Re: DOOM 4 Delay Rumors Squashed

KILL IT DEAD KILL IT WITH FIRE KILL IT NOW!

ID and affiltes track record has been crappy for the last half dozen or so years, best to kill it now than try and "unsee" it later!

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm