Legal Panel Tackles the Topic of Privacy in the Internet Age

October 24, 2011 -

Legal expert Arthur Miller will moderate a discussion on privacy and free speech in the age of mass media on October 29. Miller will lead PBS’ Jim Lehrer, Washington Post Company Chairman and CEO Donald Graham, Chief Judge David Sentelle of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and Williams & Connolly partner Kevin Baine, among others, in a debate about how technology is challenging traditional notions of privacy in the media. The special event is put together for Concord Law School.

The panel, titled "Privacy vs. Free Speech in the Age of Mass Media, 21st Century Communications and Social Media," will also include Al Hunt, executive Washington editor for Bloomberg News; Ruth Marcus, an editorial writer for The Washington Post; and Dahlia Lithwick, a senior editor at Slate. The panelists will discuss a hypothetical case developed by Miller involving privacy, media, technology and their intersection with the First Amendment.

The panel will serve as a continuing legal education opportunity for Concord alumni in the Washington, D.C. area. A reception will follow.

The event will take place on Saturday, October 29 from 2 - 4 PM at the Washington Post Conference Center (1150 15th ST., NW, WASHINGTON, D.C. 20071).

Find out more here.

Posted in

Comments

Re: Legal Panel Tackles the Topic of Privacy in the Internet Age

Will the event be streamed?

I'm thinking there are more people who will want to watch than there are seats made available to the public.

Wonderkarp*Sippin on Long Island Iced Tea*05/22/2015 - 8:24pm