TIGA Urges Scottish Government to Create 'Creative Content Fund'

October 24, 2011 -

TIGA has publicly urged the Scottish Government to create a Creative Content Fund to help Scottish developers. The fund would be designed to offer up £100,000 investment to developers for new projects, and allow them to get the money the group invested back once a project starts making significant revenue. The fund would only apply to games where the developer owned the IP as well.

"The Westminster Coalition Government is failing to invest in the Scottish and UK game development sector," said TIGA CEO Dr Richard Wilson. "The Scottish Government now has the chance to show decisive leadership in support of the video games industry by adopting TIGA's proposal for a Creative Content Fund.

"TIGA's proposed CCF would improve developers' access to finance, stimulate original IP generation and promote studio growth," added Wilson. "It would enhance the independence of developers and strengthen the prospects for the expansion of the Scottish video games industry."

According to a recent TIGA survey of developers in the region, 58 percent said that the lack of finance was a major issue that was holding back their business.

"A Creative Content Fund would be extremely useful to Scottish developers who are looking to get innovative gaming ideas off the ground," agreed Brian NcNicoll of Dynamo Games. "At the moment there is definitely a funding gap for a new own-IP projects and this would help provide a solution to this problem."

Edinburgh Napier and Abertay universities also support the proposal.

Source: GI.biz

Posted in

Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenIf that's true, maybe she's willing to lose her tax exempt status by merchandising. So? Also not a problem with her Kickstarter. And no, I don't have to be a rep of FemFreq to point out how nonsensical, irrelevant and untrue all this nonsense is.01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Andrew EisenShe doesn't say it's not her footage and she never said she'd record all her own footage. So this isn't a problem. I doubt she's said anything like "no women or non white people are critics of mine." Regardless, nothing to do with her Kickstarter.01/31/2015 - 6:41pm