Two Future Executives Resign

October 28, 2011 -

British magazine publisher Future PLC announced today that both its chief executive officer Stevie Spring and finance director John Bowman have resigned from the company. Future employs about 1,000 people in the United Kingdom and publishes several magazines including Fast Car, Metal Hammer, and Edge. In the U.S. Future is known as the publisher of Nintendo Power, Official Xbox Magazine, PC Gamer, PlayStation: The Official Magazine, Best Buy's @Gamer, and operates several large gaming sites.

The company claims that the two executives resigned to help cut costs, following a 10 percent staff cut this summer that saw 100 jobs eliminated. The cuts were mostly related to the print magazine business, so that the company could expand on its new digital offerings.

Spring was the highest paid executive at Future receiving about $1.05 million for the fiscal year ended September 2010. This figure included salary and bonuses that amounted to around $258,000. Mark Wood, who was hired last year to run Future's UK operation, was appointed group chief executive to replace Spring, and Graham Harding, finance director for Future's U.K. operation, was appointed group finance director.

Wood denied plans to sell off the U.S. businesses, but did say the overall plan is to bring both its UK and U.S. operations "closer together." Rumors have been circulating all year that Future planned to unload its various U.S. magazine operations.

The company will announce its fiscal results for the year on November 24, and said it expects a 6 percent drop in revenues.

Source: IndustryGamers

Posted in

prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm
Wonderkarpsaying otherwise. I've presented a video with cited sources combined with opinion. Youre presenting just your opinion. 01/31/2015 - 6:43pm
Wonderkarpits still important information brought up on the original video. and by not saying anything, the casual observer thinks its her footage. there's no "section 107 Fair use" disclaimer. Its as if she's showing star wars and saying "look what I made" without01/31/2015 - 6:43pm