The Many Faces of Saints Row The Third

November 9, 2011 -

THQ says that the Saints Row: The Third community has created more than one million characters in the Saints Row Initiation Station, an online character creation system. The publishers says that there creations range from unique and hilarious, and to "often disturbing."

The free Initiation Station demo is available now on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam. It allows players to create, upload, and share their oddest creations with the rest of Saints Row community site, SaintsRow.com. On the game's release date, November 15 in North America, players can download their favorite characters from the site into Saints Row: The Third.

“The characters we’ve seen are mostly ridiculous, often hilarious, and always over-the-top. And now there are a million of them,” said Kevin Kraff, Vice President, Global Brand, THQ. “With the crazed creativity we’ve seen in only one week, we can’t wait to see what’s to come. One million is just the beginning.”

Some fun facts: 1.2 million people have played the Initiation Station so far. The most popular nontraditional skin colors are green, red, and silver metallic.

Comments

Re: The Many Faces of Saints Row The Third

Uploading your characters works fine, but for some reason quite a lot of people can't make their uploads public.

Re: The Many Faces of Saints Row The Third

Kind of reminds me of what Forza does with paint/vinyl schemes. Also I think were going to be seeing a lot of Silver Surfers, T-1000's and (She?) Hulks going by the popular unnatural colours.

Re: The Many Faces of Saints Row The Third

I like this idea tons more than just releasing a code you type in or worse having to mess with a number of sliders.

ZippyDSMleeI need one of my 70 games to play....mmmmmmmm05/24/2015 - 9:57am
MattsworknameSpent all night playing blood borne, now trapped in the Nightmare frontier and trying to reach the boss so I can maybe warp out again05/24/2015 - 9:21am
MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm