Saints Row: The Third PS3-Exclusive Mode Doesn't Materialize

November 15, 2011 -

Another day, another broken promise from a publisher about extra content included in a game for free. You may recall that earlier this month EA failed to deliver free content - Battlefield 1943 - that it promised to PS3 owners who purchased Battlefield 3 during E3 this year. THQ apparently has done the same thing to PS3 owners. THQ announced earlier this year that "an exclusive mode" would be available on the PS3 version of Saints Row: The Third that utilized the Penetrator (a three-foot long purple sex toy attached to a bat handle).

It turns out that the special mode is not in the game, according to a side-by-side analysis of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game conducted by Joystiq. When asked for a reason THQ issued the standard "no comment." Joystiq's theory is that the exclusive content may have been planned as the game's "Whored Mode," a wave-based co-op multiplayer offering now included in the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC editions of the title.

Even if that's true it would have been nice if THQ clarified that fact prior to the game's release today.

Source: C&VG

Posted in

Comments

Re: Saints Row: The Third PS3-Exclusive Mode Doesn't Materialize

If it's still in the game I hardly see the foul in it, though you are right, if it was meant to be in the game regardless, they should say so.

Poll