Warner Bros. Asks For Help with Arkham City Save Game Glitch

November 15, 2011 -

Warner Bros. has been trying to figure out how to fix a save game bug in the Xbox 360 version of Batman: Arkham City, but have thus far been unable to reproduce the error and are turning to the community for help. The company said that it is working hard on a fix for the glitch that causes save games to be erased, but it's hard to "fix something you can't detect." It is asking Arkham City players having this problem to help them by providing as much information as they can. Below is the post related to this problem from the official Arkham City forums:

"We greatly appreciate and value you as a customer and apologize for any inconvenience if you have encountered any technical problems which might have impacted your experience with the game.

We would very much like to fix the “disappearing save files” issue some consumers have been reporting with the XBOX 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue.

For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team's ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support (support@wbgames.com) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on. Answering the specific information below when you contact WB Games Customer Support would be most helpful:

• What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?

•What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?

• What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?

• Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?

• Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?

• Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City's two title updates?

Hopefully, the information you provide will result in a more specific pattern to emerge which will let us consistently reproduce the “disappearing save files” issue and ultimately get a fix in place.

Thank you for your input and support.
WB Games

Andy Cataldo
US Community Manager
Turbine Inc."

Posted in

Comments

Re: Warner Bros. Asks For Help with Arkham City Save Game Glitch

Not unsurprising. Often times bugs pop up that the devs can't replicate and need support from the community. Heck, that's the reason open beta's exist.

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm