PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

November 16, 2011 -

NMA takes a crack at the whole PETA v. Super Mario Bros. campaign with an animated short that features topless PETA members throwing blood on Mario for wearing fur, among other wacky hijinks. Earlier today the animal rights group issued a statement saying that it was all a big joke and that gamers should calm down. The latest NMA video pretty much sums up everyone's feelings on PETA when it comes to their antics related to fictional characters and video game icons. Watch it to your left. Once again thanks to Andrew Eisen for the tip.

Source: GoNintendo

Posted in

Comments

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

This is hilarious! Love how PETA just got owned (or maybe pwned) by the gaming community.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

Hardly. The more attention we give PETA, the more they're going to "tantrum." They're loving this.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

Actually, far as I've seen PETA is trying hard to back peddle on this.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

PETA... derailing/gaslamping... nice...

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

A big joke pretty much describes 90% of what PETA does. Whether it criticizing the president for swatting a fly or trying to keep kids from drinking milk the organization  has never really demonstrated much in the way of common sense.

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm