PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

November 16, 2011 -

NMA takes a crack at the whole PETA v. Super Mario Bros. campaign with an animated short that features topless PETA members throwing blood on Mario for wearing fur, among other wacky hijinks. Earlier today the animal rights group issued a statement saying that it was all a big joke and that gamers should calm down. The latest NMA video pretty much sums up everyone's feelings on PETA when it comes to their antics related to fictional characters and video game icons. Watch it to your left. Once again thanks to Andrew Eisen for the tip.

Source: GoNintendo

Posted in

Comments

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

This is hilarious! Love how PETA just got owned (or maybe pwned) by the gaming community.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

Hardly. The more attention we give PETA, the more they're going to "tantrum." They're loving this.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

Actually, far as I've seen PETA is trying hard to back peddle on this.

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

PETA... derailing/gaslamping... nice...

Re: PETA v. Nintendo, NMA-Style

A big joke pretty much describes 90% of what PETA does. Whether it criticizing the president for swatting a fly or trying to keep kids from drinking milk the organization  has never really demonstrated much in the way of common sense.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

prh99Probably not unless you can prove they knew and did nothing. ianal01/30/2015 - 12:16pm
InfophileIs it possible to sue advertisers for breach of contract or something if they do that? Or sue the ad providers if they don't take reasonable measures to enforce their rules on advertisers?01/30/2015 - 12:06pm
prh99AdBlock fixes the problem :) Since these ad network do a terrible job at screening. With the recent exploits for Java and Flash, it's just a mess.01/30/2015 - 11:46am
Neo_DrKefkaHad my browser hijacked five times in a row well trying to view this site.01/30/2015 - 11:18am
Wonderkarpafter deep thought, I can live in a world with 2 Ghostbusters Franchises. Though I highly doubt the new film will top the original(And still wish it were a sequal), The new film's cast won me over hardcore.01/30/2015 - 10:43am
PHX Corphttp://www.tssznews.com/2015/01/30/former-sega-of-america-employees-voice-mistreatment-greed-racism/ there is alot of problems with sega but this is new01/30/2015 - 9:33am
ZippyDSMleehttp://www.speedtest.net/my-result/410086446201/29/2015 - 9:12pm