Square Enix Plans New Studio, Expansion in Montreal

November 21, 2011 -

Square Enix announced plans this morning to expand its presence in Montreal by adding jobs to its existing Eidos-Montreal studio and opening a new studio in 2012 called Square Enix Montreal.

Eidos-Montreal, a studio which was established in 2007, released its first game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution. To date 2 million units of the game have been shipped worldwide. Square Enix is obviously pleased with the game's success. So much so in fact that it will add 100 new jobs to Eidos-Montreal and start a third project out of the studio. The Montreal studio is responsible for the Deus Ex and Thief franchises at the moment. The studio will also expand its facilities by improving its in-house audio recording and motion tracking studios and adding a mini-theatre.

The new Square Enix Montreal will open in 2012 and create 150 jobs. The studio will be led by Lee Singleton, currently general manager of Square Enix London Studios. Singleton brings over 20 years studio management as well as direct development experience to this role.

The first project at Square Enix Montréal will be to work on a new premium quality game in the Hitman franchise. They will work closely with series creators IO Interactive.

"Montreal is a vibrant centre of game creators with industry-leading talent, and one of the most important bases of our global network of game development within the Square Enix Group," said Yoichi Wada, president and chief executive officer, SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD.

prh99Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy if your enemy doesn't have to make stuff up.02/01/2015 - 5:01am
prh99Also if you don't like someone, harassment and scandals will only get them more attention. Zoe Quinn would probably not be as well known if not for various harassers.02/01/2015 - 5:00am
prh99Personally, I just clicked the three vertical dots the first YouTube recommended one, haven't seen one since. Too bad I can't get rid of Pewdiepie video recommendations that easily.02/01/2015 - 3:19am
prh99Just don't watch the videos, who cares what she does or doesn't do. If her audience likes it so be, if they think she's doing something she shouldn't they'll stop watching.02/01/2015 - 3:14am
Wonderkarpwell we had to christen it some way01/31/2015 - 7:13pm